Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

ICE & the Fort Dix Six; ICE Princess Discovers "Mor

ICE & the Fort Dix Six; ICE Princess Discovers "Morale"

By Debbie Schlussel

Morale at Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is at an all-time low.

As I wrote Monday, ICE is ranked at the bottom of federal agencies in workplace satisfaction. But DHS officials piled on the double idiocy of not considering ICE "law enforcement" in a recruitment ad and also requiring ICE to justify its existence in questionnaires about how many college graduates it has.

So, yesterday, ICE chieftess Julie L. Myers a/k/a The ICE Princess had a meeting about morale in "her" agency--something, which after a year and a half on the job, she just noticed is very low. Here is what one agent in the know writes (there is salty language because that's the stage of frustration at which this agency hovers):

Julie Myers Diet Coke by David Lunde/Lundesigns

Myers held a meeting yesterday with her upper management staff to address morale issues. Maybe if she got off her lazy ****ing ass and hit the road, she would get the answers she is looking for. I hear that nobody wanted to talk during the meeting because of what might happen to them. I can't believe what has happened to my law enforcement career since this sham [ICE] was put together. It's unbelievable that nobody in Congress gives a shit about these things. Instead of having those who are protecting their jobs testify, maybe they could put a few of us up there to actually tell the truth. God help us . . . .
    Former Customs

I can think of a great way to instantly improve morale. First, the ICE Princess should fire all of her directors and top "leadership." And immediately after, she should resign and tell the President to pull his absurd renomination of her. Pronto.

Meanwhile, another ICE agent says that ICE could have prevented some of the Fort Dix Six Islamic terrorists from ever plotting, because they should have and could have been deported. And he has some important insights. (I don't agree with his general attack on all former Customs agents--I think there are good and bad agents that came from both the INS and Customs. But the "leadership" is overall horrid. And with morale being the way it is, it's hard for people--even law enforcement--to succesfully do their jobs.):

Debbie,
    What does the Fort Dix plot and 9/11 have in common? The answer is both had alien overstays involved in the crimes. Three of the six plotting to shoot up the fort had overstayed their admissions just as the majority of the hijackers on 9/11.

The learning curve has never been approached as this country still allows illegal aliens to wander about. If ICE investigations had more agents working immigration leads instead of priortizing Customs work there could be at least some semblance of control in locating overstays. (In Orange County, California alone, there are only four agents devoted to employer enforcement as well as locating targeted aliens that have overstayed with something like a 17% success rate in arrest and removal).

I wonder what would have been said had this plot hatched. The FBI has a video store clerk to thank for escaping this embarassment. However, where did these people get their money to operate? This cell had some support and I am highly suspicious that this was not home grown terrorism as is being touted.

The legacy Customs people involved in ICE who abhor arresting aliens illegally in the United States need to be shown the door, like Ms. Myers and Ms. Forman. None of them are dedicated to immigration enforcement.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/

ICE is demoralized. The border patrol is demoralized. The LAPD has GOT to be demoralized. This is all the result of the poor message and support being given to those trying to protect us.

By the way, Have Hernandez, Compean and Ramos been given Amnesty yet? No?

Have Ice gotten the support they need to handle the incredible job that is being forced on them by the presidents refusal to secure the border? No?

Have the LAPD been given merit awards yet for putting down a rowdy and dangerous crown of trouble makers in MacArthur park yet? No?

It is a sign of very poor leadership when the forces are this unhappy. It means they are not being heard. They are not being considered. They are not being respected and they are not being rewarded.
    I can honestly say that I fully blame BUSH for this. He sets the tone and he has done a bang up job of making those who keep us safe just miserable and defeated.
    What a shame.
    Hunter, Tancredo, Paul.......please God, I'm begging!

What do you expect she's married to Michael Chertoff, don't they make a nice incompetant pair!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    What do you expect she's married to Michael Chertoff, don't they make a nice incompetant pair!

You were just being sarcastic right?
    They aren't REALLY married are they?

Yes they are really married amazing huh!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Its disgusting. It is nepotism. You are not supposed to do that because it removes the checks and balances!
    So now we know that the leader of Ice and the Leader of Homeland security are in bed together, literally!

NOT GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Its disgusting. It is nepotism. You are not supposed to do that because it removes the checks and balances!
    So now we know that the leader of Ice and the Leader of Homeland security are in bed together, literally!

NOT GOOD.
    right up there with Wolfowitz getting his girlfriend a job at the world bank.