Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Idaho Student Arrested During Flag Protest

Eastern Idaho student arrested during flag protests

The Associated Press
    Edition Date: 05/09/08

BOISE, Idaho — Authorities say they have arrested student and bolstered police security at a southern Idaho high school stressed by racial tensions this week.
    Vic Watson, Chief Deputy for the Minidoka County Sheriff Department, says the male student was arrested Friday for threatening violence on the grounds of Minico High School.

The school became the center of racial tension after a student accused a teacher of throwing away a Mexican flag the student brought to school to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. That action sparked a series of protests by Hispanic and non-Hispanic students.

This week, another teacher was suspended for disgracing the American flag in front of a school administrator.

Watson says patrols at the school were doubled Friday when about 40 students protested recent decisions at the school.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/531/story/375658.html
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YIP , this is what spineless illegal immigration policy get you . Racial MOD EDIT and a tearing down of Values
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

students

If the Mexican flag waving student wanted to celebrate another countries holiday he should have gone to, or stayed in Mexico not disrupted a class in the United States. If he is so proud of Mexico, why is he here?
    U.S. schools are paid for and run by U.S. Citizens and their taxes. even those here illegally attending those schools should appreciate that and not insult the country paying for their education.
    When I was in school they taught me about the U.S. Constitution including Article four section four which requires the federal government to 'Protect the states from invasion and domestic violence...' if the government would obey and enforce the Constitution as required we would not be suffering this insult and paying billions of tax dollars meant for Citizens to educate the ingrate immigrants.
    Citizen Taxpayers should SUE THE U. S. Government for not doing it's job and demand a refund of the billions of dollars the resulting millions of illegal aliens cost U.S. Citizens. The U.S. should send all of the illegals home with a bill to their homeland for their expenses including refunding arrest, detention and deportation costs! If they don't pay deduct the expenses to us from any foreign aid we taxpayers send to their homeland, we don't owe criminals anything but a fair trial.
    Nonfeasance of office, the refusal to do that which should be done. Officials do not enforce the law, grounds for dismissal and prosecution for refusing to do what they were hired to do!

It sounds like the student who was raising cain may have been sticking up for the student who had the Mexican flag thrown in the garbage. And I'd like to know more about this teacher who disgraced theAmerican flag. Anyone who does that shouldn't even be allowed in our schools. I'll keep an eye on this story and see what developes.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    It sounds like the student who was raising cain may have been sticking up for the student who had the Mexican flag thrown in the garbage. And I'd like to know more about this teacher who disgraced theAmerican flag. Anyone who does that shouldn't even be allowed in our schools. I'll keep an eye on this story and see what developes.
    Sounds like someone needs to launch a size 10 combat boot up that teachers landing pad.
    **Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "man, what a rid

Sounds like someone needs to launch a size 10 combat boot up that teachers landing pad.

As an aside, the illegal aliens and anti-Americans aren't the only problems that these acts illustrate. This attitude is ample evidence that it's a very bad idea for government to educate our children. In my area, folks typically pay $7,000 in property tax with about $5,000 levied for what the government calls "public school." Most of the school assessment supports the county community college that reflects all the liberal garbage supported by the NEA but it also has reduced tuition for illegal aliens. This assessment often is more than the tuition itself and citizens are FORCED to pay it every year forever. Think about it. $5,000 annually for 50 years comes to a grand total of $250,000! Some deal huh. Time to dump this monster that should be called what it is: socialized government indoctrination.
    '58 Airedale

For anyone who wants to join in on the debate about this, there are comments being left at the end of the article at the link. I'm in there as usual, making my opinion known.

Southern Idaho student arrested during flag protests

Southern Idaho student arrested during flag protests

By JESSIE BONNER - Associated Press Writer
    Edition Date: 05/09/08

BOISE, Idaho — A student was arrested and security tightened at a southern Idaho high school in a week of racial tension that began when a teacher confiscated the Mexican flag of a student celebrating Cinco de Mayo.

Student protests and counterprotests, faculty sanctions, desecration of Mexican and American flags and threats of legal action have rocked Minico High School in Rupert, a town of 5,600 people near the Snake River.

As a precaution, security was increased Friday when about 40 students planned a protest over school administration treatment of two teachers at the center of the controversy.

During the demonstration, a male student was arrested after being accused of threatening violence on school grounds, Minidoka County sheriff's Deputy Vic Watson said.

"It was a verbalization that he made that upset other students," Watson said.

No other arrests or disturbances were reported before classes ended for the weekend, authorities said.

Emotions rose Monday when Clint Straatman, a physical education teacher, threw in the garbage a Mexican flag brought to school by Froylan Camelo, 16, to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, a celebration of Mexico's victory over the French army in 1862.

Straatman said he was trying to prevent any animosity between white and Hispanic students, who account for nearly 40 percent of enrollment in the Minidoka County Joint School District.

Contacted by the American Civil Liberties Union, Camelo said he was considering whether to sue the teacher. The next day, Hispanic students protested and drew a counterprotest from some of their non-Hispanic classmates.

Later in the week, Dan Luker, who teaches English as a second language, reportedly damaged an American flag in front of a school administrator. Some said he acted in retaliation to Straatman's behavior and a show of support for the schools Hispanic students.

"We have asked the whole matter be investigated," Prosecutor Nicole Cannon told The Associated Press on Friday. "They are somewhat connected."

Both teachers have been placed on administrative leave, but emotions among students remained high.

School officials would not comment on disciplinary measures, citing a policy barring discussion of personnel matters, adding that the investigation of Straatman was continuing.

Hispanic and non-Hispanic students also traded words throughout the week, freshman Nes Ramirez said, adding that he and others received a text message stating: "Go back to Mexico."

Ramirez, 15, helped organize the protest Friday morning, also using text messages and urging supporters to wear the red, green and white colors of the Mexican flag.

Some protests during the week drew a mix of students, but the message Friday was directed at the school district's response.

Ben Reed, a personality on local Spanish station KFTA-AM, urged students earlier in the week to silently protest by wearing colors of the Mexican flag.

"I believe it was an injustice," Reed said. "I would have hoped it would have been resolved a lot sooner."

http://www.idahostatesman.com/531/story/375658.html
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin