Last week or so I stumbled across two google groups where some of the organizers for the Chicago May Day rally hang out and swap information about this up and coming May1st.

Most of it is piece-meal with a lot needing to go trough google translator at which time I’ll post anything the makes any sense.

I have been sharing the earlier information with another local ALIPAC’er, which did have some useful items for that person in their community. (I’ll let them talk about if they want to)

Below is something I found today; it’s a copy of the Meeting Minutes to an April 12th meeting they had. I thought you might find it of interest!
----------------------
it's raw copy / paste (just as I foud it)
----------------------

Youth May 1st Network
April 12th Meeting Minutes/ Announcements
Thank you to everyone who attended and supported the April 12th Meeting. Below are the minutes for that meeting, as well as some announcements for future actions -- please comment, I was not taking exact notes, but this is as I understand it. Attached you will also find some of the documents that were passed out at the meeting that I had access to, including the contact list for everyone present, resourses for undocumented students and relevant flyers. -- Tania.
A reminder that the NEXT MEETING is:
April 19th, 2008 @ 1-3pm
1401 W. 18th Street (Corner of Blue Island & 18th)
Schools/ Orgs. represented at the meeting:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Malcom X College
Curie High School
Radio Arte
Northwestern University
Roosevelt University
DePaul University
Benito Juarez High School
Senn High School
Uplift Community High School
Kelly High School
INFORMATION ON MAY 1st MARCH
Everyone should know that there are various groups and organizations working to get people on out on May 1st. The largest coalition is the March 10th Coalition, which has as members over 100 organizations, unions, and groups as part of it. The webiste is http://www.movimiento10demarzo.org/, and the myspace (in progress) is http://profile.myspace.com/march10movement . It was through a meeting during the March 8th and 9th conference organized by the March 10th Coalition that this student group was planned and conceived. Centro Sin Fronteras is also organizing people to come out, and the youth-led group Zocalo Urbano, is doing branch of Centro Sin Fronteras that is doing youth outreach and organizing. Their website is www.chicagomayday.com. This explanation is not meant to be divisive, but I thought it might be important for everyone to understand this context, and know why there are 2 fliers being promoted, and why there may be differing information on what is happening on
that day.
The basic information about the march is:
LEGALIZATION FOR ALL: MARCH MAY 1st 2008
For the rights of all immigrants and all workers
We demand:
All rights in the workplace for all workers, and the right to unionize
Fair wages
Equal access to education
Universal Healthcare
End the occupation of Iraq
MEET AT 10:00 AM, UNION PARK (Ashland & Lake), MARCH AT 12:00 PM
Information at: 1-888-DIGNIDAD (344-6432)
ORGANIZING MEETINGS:
March 10th Movement meets Tuesdays, 6:30 PM at EU Hall at 37 South Ashland (Ashlad/ Ogden)
DISCUSSION POINTS, AGREEMENTS & NEXT STEPS
It is important for youth to organize for May 1st, inform students around us, and inform, educate, and outreach to the community and schools.
>> Next steps: Everyone took flyers to pass out at their schools and communities. It was proposed that we also organize a flyering day, either at specific schools (such as Juarez, Senn, Kelly, Cicero), as well as on specific days in the community (perhaps in Little Village, Pilsen, Cicero).

I would propose that for the next meeting we all come with proposals with specific dates, and times for passing out flyers – and commit to being the contact person for that day.
I (Tania) will bring a “fact-sheetâ€