Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL-Federal officials arrest nearly three dozen Chicago-area

10-state operation nets 370 with criminal histories Nearly three dozen men were from Chicago area
    By Alejandra Cancino, Tribune Reporter
    7:35 p.m. CDT, August 27, 2010

Nearly three dozen Chicago-area men were among 370 immigrants arrested throughout the Midwest this week for a wide variety of offenses, federal customs enforcement officials announced Friday.

The arrests took place during a three-day operation in 10 states as the latest in a series of "Cross Check" operations aimed at locating and deporting immigrants who violated laws. The Obama administration is on pace to remove 400,000 immigrants by the end of September. The arrests come amid heavy criticism from groups seeking even tougher enforcement.

"We are committed to strong border and immigration enforcement and the facts speak for themselves," said John Morton, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement director.

Morton said more than 56 percent of those arrested this week had prior convictions for serious or violent crimes, such as armed robbery, drug trafficking and child abuse. Others had been convicted of lesser crimes, such as driving under the influence or failing to appear in front of an immigration judge.

"We will not tolerate those that come here unlawfully and take to a life of crime — a life of crime in our communities, in our cities, in our homes," Morton said.

The immigrants — 339 men and 31 women — were from 56 countries, including Mexico, Canada and Ukraine. Some were legal residents whose criminal convictions made them deportable. Others were in the country illegally.

Joshua Hoyt, executive director of the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights, said the Obama administration is focusing on arresting and deporting dangerous felons, which he argues is a good shift from deporting immigrant workers who are not dangerous.

"What 87 percent of people in the Chicago area believe is that we need an immigration reform that allows immigrant workers who are not criminals to become legal and that way we can stop destroying families," said Hoyt, citing a statistic from a recent Tribune/WGN poll on immigration issues.

The arrests took place in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kansas, Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska. They were carried out with the help of various federal agencies and local law enforcement.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1933895.story
    I would never be so arrogant as to move to another country and expect them to change for me.

"What 87 percent of people in the Chicago area believe is that we need an immigration reform that allows immigrant workers who are not criminals to become legal and that way we can stop destroying families," said Hoyt, citing a statistic from a recent Tribune/WGN poll on immigration issues.
    I'm from the Chicago area and I don't know ONE person who agrees with this statement.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

now if this kind of action happens 2 times a day, maby we will see some results. 2 time a YEAR aint cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    I'm from the Chicago area and I don't know ONE person who agrees with this statement.
    Same here ReggieMay. I often discuss this issue with people and not once did they agree with immigration reform. Enforcement - yes. Amnesty - no.

Where do they conduct these polls? An open borders rally?
    I would never be so arrogant as to move to another country and expect them to change for me.

ICE runs around the country arresting Aliens who would have already been deported if they had not been ordered released by ICE on previous arrest.

A poor way to use taxpayer money imo.

We will get nowhere with enforcing Immigration laws as long as the Amnesty crew runs removal operations.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ChiWatcher2

Where do they conduct these polls? An open borders rally?
    Home Depot?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    As I have said before, with this so called administration's refusal to secure the damn borders, these criminals will be right back in their old neighborhoods by dinner time which makes all these raids an exercise in futility and a dog and pony show in the interest of political gamesmanship so Obama can claim the borders and our communities are secure so he can ram amnesty down our throats and up our asses. Obama and company don't give a hoot in hell for the safety, welfare and security of the American people or he would have secured the border 18 months ago and retaken OUR territory held by foreign drug cartels. The deaths of the nun, rancher Rob Krenz and other deaths caused by catch and release of illegal aliens and those deported but easily able to return to the country and inflict more pain on Americans is further proof. Go tell another one Obama, Napolitano, Morton, Berwick and other open borders and cheap labor proponents.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.