Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Well, Neese just for the record, I was going to put a little footnote on my post saying that there is nothing wrong with being rich, wealthy or successful. That is good and outstanding as long as it is done legally and honestly, which for most Americans it is.

But I didn't really think that it was necessary to put it as I thought that most people would know that this isn't about bashing the wealthy people in our country, but more of pointing out that the difficulties caused by illegal immigration are now starting to inch there way into higher socio-economic groups.

Basically, I think what everyone is trying to say is something like this:

Do you think President Bush and other elected officials will lecture about being a welcoming society to people who break immigration laws to those who may be their largest contributors??

Do you think that they will be told to be quiet about their concerns as basically the middle and lower middle class are being told to do?
    The heck it's not!!!!

The title starts out: IL: (Rich) Sub. residents oppose shelter for immigrant children.

Then the article says: "Neighbors in wealthy Lisle Township don't want them."

Followed up by Pinstrawguys saying ""Oh yes, by all means, help the poor immigrants, but not in my yard."

And then LegalUScitizen said: "Oh Dear, is it now infringing on the "sacred rights of the rich?""

And then the grand finally asking why these people aren't proactive in getting rid of illegal immigration when they are trying...that was what the article was about.

Geez!!! I feel like banging my head on the wall!

Well, I can see if one thought the wealthiest in our society are getting a bad rap that they might interpret it as such, you are right.

But I think people in my opinion are trying to make more significant points here than to bad mouth the "rich". I suppose it's all in the eyes of the reader.

Anyway, I don't think the wealthy are in too much danger in America, I think the President and other people in high up places are doing a good job of looking out for them.

I'm far more concerned about the middle class, lower middle class and the poor in our country. Very few people in high places are looking out for them. They are the ones who have the most reason to worry and for whom people should be deeply concerned. There are however, some who are wealthy in our country who are also extremely concerned about those who have significantly less and they are trying to do something about it. Those people can not be considered to be anything but the best of the best of people and some of our greatest American citizens.

Rich and poor.....both include some of the best in our country and some of the worst in our country. I think we all know that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are some wealthy people who could read this thread and understand clearly the points which are trying to be made and might totally agree. There are some wealthy people in America who completely agree and understand that illegal immigration is putting a terrible burden and hardship on the lives of those who already struggle a great deal.

Some of our people in Congress to name a few, and how about Lou Dobbs. I'm sure that he is quite a bit more than just comfortable.

They are heroes. They would get the meaning of the thread....because they care.

Some Americans have money, but they choose to believe that life is about much more than just having money. Even though they may have everything they want in the way of material things, the condition and state of our country and of the average American is of extreme importance to them.

For them it's probably a matter of many things, whether it's principles, values, justice, our security or all of these things combined.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments, neese. There are many areas in Metro Atlanta that are very similar in make-up to Lisle Township, and I've found through my landscaping business that MANY of those residents avail themselves of illegal aliens with nary a thought of the damage they do to working Americans or America itself.

If that's not the case in your neck of the woods, count your blessings.

The only rich folks I care to bash are the ones that hire illegals over Americans to save a buck. Those are the self-centered, myopic elitists that DESERVE to be bashed.

As far as the Focus Campaign boards go, many of us are involved in the campaigns without posting to them. Just because you don't see their names doesn't mean they're not working on them.

Climb on down from that high horse, OK?

Well, I can see if one thought the wealthiest in our society are getting a bad rap that they might interpret it as such, you are right.

But I think people in my opinion are trying to make more significant points here than to bad mouth the "rich". I suppose it's all in the eyes of the reader.
    Really, then why do you continue to do it yourself??!!!! Read your next line...

Anyway, I don't think the wealthy are in too much danger in America, I think the President and other people in high up places are doing a good job of looking out for them.

I'm far more concerned about the middle class, lower middle class and the poor in our country.
    Really? I am concerned about ALL legal US citizens. You have the same mentality that the rest of the world has against the US in general. They are "rich" so they can help themselves. It does not matter how much we help the rest of the world, they would never worry about helping us, and personally I no longer care to help them. Friends are friends, the amount of money (or lack thereof) one makes is of little difference. I think that you also forget that most of the people who have money now, did not have money at some point in their life. You act as if everything was handed to them.

Very few people in high places are looking out for them. They are the ones who have the most reason to worry and for whom people should be deeply concerned. There are however, some who are wealthy in our country who are also extremely concerned about those who have significantly less and they are trying to do something about it. Those people can not be considered to be anything but the best of the best of people and some of our greatest American citizens.

Rich and poor.....both include some of the best in our country and some of the worst in our country. I think we all know that.
    [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments, neese. There are many areas in Metro Atlanta that are very similar in make-up to Lisle Township, and I've found through my landscaping business that MANY of those residents avail themselves of illegal aliens with nary a thought of the damage they do to working Americans or America itself.

If that's not the case in your neck of the woods, count your blessings.

The only rich folks I care to bash are the ones that hire illegals over Americans to save a buck. Those are the self-centered, myopic elitists that DESERVE to be bashed.

As far as the Focus Campaign boards go, many of us are involved in the campaigns without posting to them. Just because you don't see their names doesn't mean they're not working on them.

Climb on down from that high horse, OK?
    Thank you.

There are some wealthy people who could read this thread and understand clearly the points which are trying to be made and might totally agree.
    Yes, they do, and that is why they don't want the children's home there.

There are some wealthy people in America who completely agree and understand that illegal immigration is [quote:3ahyyrsr]putting a terrible burden and hardship on the lives of those who already struggle a great deal
    It puts a burden on everyone, not only the people "who struggle".

Some of our people in Congress to name a few, and how about Lou Dobbs. I'm sure that he is quite a bit more than just comfortable.

They are heroes. They would get the meaning of the thread....because they care.
    Some Americans have money, but they choose to believe that life is about much more than just having money. Even though they may have everything they want in the way of material things, the condition and state of our country and of the average American is of extreme importance to them. [/quote:3ahyyrsr]

You know what I think the meaning of this article is? I think it is meant to
    shame the wealthy into letting these poor little kids stay in the US. I don't care where they want to put these kids...rich, poor...in my back yard, your back yard...they have no right to be here. Period! If we all don't stick together, we are going to lose.

For them it's probably a matter of many things, whether it's principles, values, justice, our security or all of these things combined.

This article is posted again and the comments posted to it do not seem to pull in the socio-economic status of the neighborhood being discussed.

I will lock this thread, and let's work using that one. I don't think there is really any need to continue here. You have made your point, Neese, and I believe that everyone has mostly agreed with you, that bashing the wealthy is not necessary. Bashing anyone for that matter is not our goal here.

Let's move on, shall we?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12