Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL: We need to protect our children: rape of girl 11

Unbelievable story. The mother is sticking up for the guy that raped her daughter. And the article says he likely faces deportation??? He better not be released back into my community.

'We need to protect our children'
    12-year sentence for repeated rape of girl, 11

November 8, 2007
    By ART PETERSON apeterson@scn1.com

The parents of Abel Alvarado-Gonzalez said Wednesday they believe their son is innocent, as did the mother of the rape victim, an 11-year-old girl.

Prosecutor Bolling Haxall read the written guilty plea, which Alvarado-Gonzalez, 21 of Waukegan, had signed.
    ยป Click to enlarge image
    Alvarado-Gonzalez

The mother said Alvarado-Gonzalez, who was an acquaintance of the family, had told her that he was innocent and she believed him. "My daughter has always liked to tell stories."

Lake County Circuit Court Judge James Booras said, "There is no question of his guilt or innocence, he has pleaded guilty. I can't fault his mother and father for continuing to deny. I am perplexed by the mother of the child; her mind appears clouded by matters other than maternal instincts."

What Alvarado-Gonzalez "did is despicable and also a major crime, one of the highest short of murder," Booras said, "because of the devastating effect on child victims. He indeed raped her and took her innocence. She'll never be the same emotionally, and suffered enormous psychological harm.

"We need to protect our children. The appropriate sentence is 12 years in prison," Booras said. Alvarado-Gonzalez must serve at least 85 percent of the sentence, even with time off for good behavior. With his guilty plea, he had faced a mandatory prison sentence of six to 30 years.

Alvarado-Gonzalez is a citizen of Mexico and on hold by the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency. He faces likely deportation after serving the sentence.

The girl, in a written statement read in court, said, "Before he raped me, I was always happy, now I'm always sad. When he did it, I was scared."

Alvarado-Gonzalez, speaking through an interpreter, said, "I am very sorry with my actions," and asked for "another chance." His parents and the girl's mother asked for a minimal sentence.

The rapes "were ongoing and repeated," said Haxall, who recommended a sentence "in the upper range."

Alvarado-Gonzalez "knew what he was doing was wrong," Haxall said, and he told the girl that if she told, both he and the mother would go to jail. "It is tragic and incredible that the girl doesn't have the support of her mother."

Defense attorney Gregory Nikitas said Alvarado-Gonzalez had no prior criminal convictions. "He voluntarily pleaded guilty, but it wasn't an easy decision. He believes this is the appropriate route so that the victim would not be put through a trial."

Alvarado-Gonzalez had been charged with nine counts, which carried mandatory consecutive sentencing upon conviction. A conviction of guilty would have resulted in a virtual life sentence, Nikitas said.

He recommended a sentence "toward the lower range, the six-year minimum."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... S1.article
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I assume the girl was checked over at a hospital and rape was confirmed.?

The part that bothers me the most is this scum told the little girl that if she told then he and her MOTHER would go to jail?

That leads me to believe the mother allowed it and if she did, she should get massive jail time!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I suspect the mother was sleeping with the monster and allowing him to rape her daughter.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    I suspect the mother was sleeping with the monster and allowing him to rape her daughter.
    American Girl . . . I really wish you would stop reading my mind this is the 3rd time you've done that in the last 2 weeks

That scum is not a mother she is simply someone who gave birth.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Unbelievable. What a monster. I hope the girl's mother was only temporarily bereft of reason. And to think that we will have to pay to keep this beast incarcerated.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Re: IL: We need to protect our children: rape of girl 11

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Lake County Circuit Court Judge James Booras said, "... I am perplexed by the mother of the child; her mind appears clouded by matters other than maternal instincts."
    Like crack, maybe? Who says sterilization is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Defense attorney Gregory Nikitas said Alvarado-Gonzalez had no prior criminal convictions. "He voluntarily pleaded guilty, but it wasn't an easy decision. He believes this is the appropriate route so that the victim would not be put through a trial."
    Why is the RAPIST the only one with a tiny amount of common sense in this whole mess?
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth