Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL:What reform? Pilsen students demanding new immig. policy

Demand, demand, demand. Student says this quote and it's the same for me.... This is a translation from La Raza.

"I'm waiting to see what the candidates say on migration, because it is the issue that most affects my family," told.

Students: "What reform?"
    Students of Pilsen and La Villita demanding new immigration policy

* David Boddiger / Corresponsal La Raza | David Boddiger / Correspondent La Raza |
    * 2008-06-19 2008-06-19
    * | La Raza | La Raza

It started as a civic project for students of the Academy of Leadership Rudy Lozano, in Pilsen, but ended up as a public request to the presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain to take a stronger stand on immigration reform.

At a press conference _esto real time in front of newspaper reporters from the ciudad_, students criticized the presidential candidates and the same media for letting the issue of immigration reform that dominated the political agenda a few months ago, moved in the shadows of a primary campaign hard and long. At a press conference _esto real time in front of newspaper reporters from the ciudad_, students criticized the presidential candidates and the same media for letting the issue of immigration reform that dominated the political agenda a few months ago, moved in the shadows of a primary campaign Hard and long.

"We have friends and (members) families in our community who face this issue every day," said Miguel Meza, a student at the academy. "We have friends and (members) families in our community who face this issue every day," said Miguel Meza, a student at the academy. "As we are today's youth and future leaders of our country, we want to know whether our future president will address the immigration crisis," he said. "As we are today's youth and future leaders of our country, we want to know whether our future president will address the immigration crisis," he said.

Guided by their teachers and director Christine Diaz, students seemed to be better informed than many adult citizens on the current immigration crisis. Guided by their teachers and director Christine Diaz, students seemed to be better informed than many adult citizens on the current immigration crisis.

In November, several of them are registered to vote in local elections and presidential elections. In November, several of them are registered to vote in local elections and presidential elections.

José Rivera, 18, was registered to vote along with some of his companions, as part of the educational project. José Rivera, 18, was registered to vote along with some of his companions, as part of the educational project. He says he still has not decided which presidential candidate deserves their vote. He says he still has not decided which presidential candidate deserves their vote.

"I'm waiting to see what the candidates say on migration, because it is the issue that most affects my family," told. "I'm waiting to see what the candidates say on migration, because it is the issue that most affects my family," told.

For his part Andrea Solis, who turns 18 in August _justo in time for votar_ supports Obama, but admits it will close attention to what he says and does his campaign from now on. For his part Andrea Solis, who turns 18 in August _justo in time for votar_ supports Obama, but admits it will close attention to what he says and does his campaign from now on.

"Many of us are sons of immigrants, many undocumented, and we know people who go through the process of deportation," said Solis. "Many of us are sons of immigrants, many undocumented, and we know people who go through the process of deportation," said Solis. "I want to know whom to vote and what they are promising us." "I want to know whom to vote and what they are promising us."

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 26hs%3DWp2
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

None of this is "reform".....it has nothing to do with policy. All it amounts to is let the hispanic law breakers be legal and let the border stay open for just hispanics. Always brought to you by another hispanic teacher or hispanic special interest group.......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)