Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote="lccat"]I was not aware that Labor Unions could "handout" work visas for the United States. However, if and only if "guest workers" are allowed to enter the United States it should be for just one "designated" job (if for a harvest, two or three month period until the harvest is completed but no longer than six months for any one job) then return to their HOME country and get in line for the next job after a waiting period of "six" to "nine" months before they may return again as a "guest worker". The EMPLOYER and the UNION will be jointly responsible for the "guest workers" leaving the country. If the "guest workers" do not leave the country as designated the "guest worker", now an ILLLEGAL, the "employersâ€
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

MW
    Iccat wrote:

I was not aware that Labor Unions could "handout" work visas for the United States.
    They can't but they can help and encourage the farming community in acquiring H2A workers. The number of H2A workers that can come "temporarily" is unlimited. I blieve the recent changes made to the H2A program by the Bush administration explains why the UFW is now supporting H2A. The new plan reduces wages, protections, and other benefits that were previously required by the H2A program. In other words, the "new H2A" is supposedly more farmer friendly. In actuality, it provides for a reduction in costs to the farmers.

I'm not sure of the details but in may just be another way to bring in "cheap" foreign labor for the screaming and kicking large corporate farmering community.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The good thing is that the UFW is now playing by the rules. And by the looks of it, there will be a massive economic incentive for temp workers to leave if visas are not given to the UFW if an alien doesn't leave before his departure date.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123