Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ill. Aliens Face Deportation After Voter Registration Fraud

A Venezuelan couple will be deported from the United States after admitting they lied about their citizenship when they registered to vote.

Abraham E. Gomez, 46, and his wife, Mayen C. Gomez, 41, pleaded guilty Friday in U.S. District Court in Covington to falsely claiming they were U.S. citizens. The Union couple registered to vote in 2004 in Boone County, where they lived.

Their crime was discovered after an anonymous tip to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said their attorney, John Arnett.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Bob McBride said the couple were applying for their drivers licenses when they signed up to vote. By signing the form, they were claiming to be U.S. citizens, when they are in reality citizens of Venezuela.

The couple entered the United States on a visa several years ago, but stayed on after it expired, McBride said.

Both college graduates, they were living and working in Boone County when arrested, Arnett said. The couple have two children, who will return with their parents to the capital city of Caracas, Arnett said.

In a plea agreement, the couple agreed to plead guilty in return for a likely sentence of up to six months in prison. But McBride said he would not object to probation for the couple, who have agreed not to fight deportation proceedings.

Indeed, said Arnett, the couple will voluntarily leave the county as soon as the legal proceedings are over. They are eager to return so their children - who had been attending Boone County schools - can enroll in a school in Venezuela.

In addition to the felony conviction and deportation, the charge brings a steep price for the couple - Arnett said it's unlikely they will be allowed to ever again enter the United States, even for a visit.

However, the couple's children, who were born in Venezuela, and are also citizens of that nation, will not be subjected to that restriction, Arnett said.

Publication date: 08-12-2006
    http://news.kypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 20327/1014
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

YAAAA!!!!!!!! And in Illinois no less!!!!!! Yee Haw!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go Illinois I'm always interested in that state anyway because that is where I was born and have gone back frequently through the years.
    I'd like to know if anyone is checking into voter registration in CA. I have written to my Secretary of State and got a reassuring letter back but still I'm skeptical of course. Bet there are lots of illegals registered here, LOTS! If they can break the law by being here why won't they think they can by registering to vote?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

good news

This is good news. Illinois must loose the notion that we are the sanctuary state.

There have been groups going around my city trying to get Hispanics to register to vote. Of course I have concerns. I never thought of writing my Secretary of State -that's what I'm going to do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I've always wondered who was voting on that idiot Sen. Dick Durbin, now I know.

Folks, I have a feeling this is more of a problem than most people realize.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is in Kentucky not Illinois. Union is in Boone County. Just a rock throw away from me. Just on the other side of the river.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

This is a good example of why we need laws to make voters prove they are citizens. The motor-voter laws should be repealed.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

ILLEGALS VOTING!

Should be deported imedidatly from US,they are ENEMMY ALIENS! Subverting our elections.

Pro Patria!
    ************* PRO DEO &*PATRIA!********

This is happening all over the country, I bet out of the 50 million illegal aliens, at least 75 percent of them are illegally voting in our elections. Why else do you think these politicans are pandering to them? They are voting and the politicans know this and yet do nothing of course.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast