Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal on air mattress plucked off river ice

National Man on air mattress plucked off river ice above Niagara Falls, near hydro water intake
    March 25, 2007

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) - An apparent illegal immigrant was rescued from an ice floe about 1.5 kilometres upstream from Niagara Falls, authorities said.

Guards from Ontario Power Generation said they heard the man screaming for help at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday near the company's water intakes near Chippawa, Ont.

Peter Larsen, a control dam operator at the intakes, said if the man hadn't been discovered, "he would have gone through one of those gates and then very likely could have been swept over the falls."

Rescuers in boats plucked the shivering man from the ice floe and got him ashore.

Authorities said the unidentified 42-year-old man had an inflatable air mattress with him and was apparently trying to get to the United States. The ice chunk he was on apparently broke loose.

The man was treated for mild hypothermia before being charged by Canadian immigration authorities.

http://link.toolbot.com/canada.com/70485

I wonder where he was from if he was not a Canadian. In a way I could see why someone would want to leave Canada but not in such a stupid manner. Maybe he was trying to copy the old Cuban way of entering the United States.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

By any means available I guess,
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Dang! another intellectual attempting to do a job that Americans won't do
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The next thing this guy will be trying is to glue feathers to his arms and flap them real fast!
    And who said these illegals weren't intellectuals???
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

I think we have too many uneducated and unintelligent illegals already and don't need any more.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Dang! another intellectual attempting to do a job that Americans won't do
    Well maybe he was trying out for a spot on Myth Busters.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I think he was trying out for the Incredible Race (I think that it is what it is called). The show where they travel around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    The next thing this guy will be trying is to glue feathers to his arms and flap them real fast!
    And who said these illegals weren't intellectuals???
    OK SCOUT!

you got the BEST OF THE DAY with this one.

I'm falling over

If that`s what`s called a better life, he can keep it!
    ------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast