Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Alien ‘I’m not here to steal, I’m here to kill'

Serrano on suicide watch in Boston jail

Updated: 04/13/2006 06:58:44 AM

The saga of a young illegal immigrant found living in Apple Valley High School continues after he was charged in a violent home invasion on the East Coast.

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS first told you about Francisco Serrano's arrest on Tuesday.

Francisco Serrano is on suicide watch in a Boston jail.

The Boston district attorney says guards are watching him around the clock because they think he is schizophrenic and may harm himself.

Serrano’s next court appearance is April 28. A judge will then decide whether to lift the suicide watch.

Former supporters of Serrano tell 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that they are not surprised to hear the news.

"He's not innocent, I could see from his eyes that he's just not innocent," said Azmiah Obeid, the sister of Basim Sabri.

Sabri, a developer, took Serrano in after he was found living in Apple Valley High School last year.

"He's somebody who doesn't appreciate what he has...Why you want him back? He's never been honest with anybody," Obeid said.

After he was found in the school last April, Serrano agreed to return to his native Mexico after a judge denied his attorney’s request to allow him to stay in the United States. Serrano was thought to have boarded a plane bound for Mexico City, but his mother told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS in February that he had not returned to Mexico.

American Airlines confirmed that Serrano's ticket had not been used.

A Boston woman said Serrano kicked in her apartment door and threatened to attack her early in the morning on March 29.

“He said, ‘I’m not here to steal, I’m here to kill,’” the woman said, requesting anonymity.

Her roommate grabbed a sauce pan and hit Serrano over the head.

"He just hit the guy, and you can see the handle is bent,” the woman said.

The man then chased Serrano down the stairs and into the street.

Boston police say they found Serrano wearing a ski mask, armed with a butcher’s knife and a pocket knife.

The Boston district attorney says he will prosecute Serrano on a felony charge of breaking and entering, which carries a two-and-a-half year sentence.

Serrano appears disheveld in his mug shot, wearing long hair and looking tired.

Dave Procopio, the district attorney’s press secretary, describes the case as strange.

"It's probably one of the more bizarre cases we've had involving a person
    who is not a U.S. citizen involved in a crime," Procopio said.

Hebert Igbanugo, Serrano’s attorney, said he learned of the incident via an anonymous voicemail left at his office Monday night.

According to the police report, Serrano lived in a motel in the Boston suburb of Braintree, 20 miles south of the city.

Serrano’s alleged victim says he does not deserve pity.

"It makes me feel like he's a good con artist. He had everybody fooled," the woman said.

If convicted, Serrano will serve time in Boston and then be turned over to federal agents for deportation. Experts say if that happens, it is unlikely Serrano will ever be able to return to the U.S.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S15477.html?cat=1
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

another avoidable mess

Example # 18,324,503 of what mess can be avoided with a wall and enforcement.

Build a wall with guard towers every 200 meters manned with armed guards. How many would cross then?

Experts say if that happens, it is unlikely Serrano will ever be able to return to the U.S.
    What's to keep him from coming back across the border, just like 500,000 (according to the government), did last year?

BUILD THE WALL!
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!