Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Illegal alien children refusing to show up for deportation

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal alien children refusing to show up for deportation

Illegal immigrant children refusing to show up for deportation: report

In this June 20, 2014, file photo, immigrants who entered the U.S. illegally stand in line for tickets at the bus station after they were released from a U.S. Customs and Border Protection processing facility in McAllen, Texas. The immigrants ... more >

Supporters of Historic SS United States Send SOS (Associated Press)

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, October 15, 2015

Most of the surge of illegal immigrant children caught jumping the U.S.-Mexico border over the last two years haven’t even had their cases decided by the immigration courts, leaving them in a legal limbo as states and counties struggle to assimilate them into schools and health systems, according to new report Thursday.

Some children caught more than two years ago are still waiting for final court dates, and of those whose cases were decided, nearly half of them didn’t even bother to show up, meaning they were ordered deported in-absentia, the Migration Policy Institute said in its review of Homeland Security data.

The Obama administration had vowed to speed the kids through courts to try to stop the surge, but the MPI report concludes that cases continue to languish, with nearly 1,000 children caught as far back as 2011 still awaiting a final decision from an immigration judge.

Of those caught in 2014, which included the biggest summer surge, less than 40 percent have gone through the courts — and most of those completed cases were because the illegal immigrant children never even bothered to show up, and were ordered kicked out of the country.

Illegal immigrant children who have lawyers were more likely to win their cases, earning a pass to stay here. But even most of those involve a judge simply looking the other way and leaving them in the country illegally, rather than granting them full legal status under asylum or a victim’s visa, the report found.

More troubling is that outcomes depending on which state an illegal immigrant child had his or her case heard.

Schools are feeling the most effects of the surge, as more than 75,000 illegal immigrant children were released to sponsors — usually relatives, but sometimes foster families — from Oct. 1, 2013, through Aug. 31 of this year.

“The child migrants have an array of particular needs, and school districts have had to balance addressing these needs along with those of other students, within resource limitations,” the MPI report said.

The federal government paid about $233 in special costs for those students last year, but that is just a fraction of the total for students who usually arrive with the need for intense educational help.

The problems are particularly tougher for teens who have arrived, often well behind their U.S.-born peers.

“Many schools and districts struggle with whether high schools in the K-12 system or adult education are the appropriate placement for these youth,” the report said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...how-deportati/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I think the picture is a misrepresentation of what is really happening here. I don't know this for a fact but I seriously suspect many of the "children" they're talking about in the article are actually teenagers who came here without their parents.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I know how this will go. This is why I keep urging immigration restriction organizations to advance on all fronts---not just the political one. The longer action is delayed the more entrenched these people become able to fade away into the vast underground subculture and awaiting their toehold via children born here. Even if we deported the illegal adults, unless the child was something like under 10 years old, they would probably figure out a way to stay here, living with relatives or activists. Then the rest would be swaiting thie re entry to the US at some point.

I've worked at real jobs enough to know that these subcultures, even if they get pushed out of the mainstream, find ways to hang around. That's what happened with the pothead culture, and even the tweaker culture. They just pull in the sails, hang out somewhere getting food, and heading for warmer climates. And then we have to spend our resources going after them and fighting off the political hack activists crowd.

I've seen some definite political victories in my state---but the opponents move ahead in the courts and also within the CULTURE. Then conservatives get all cranked out on other issues drawing off their energies.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This process is ridiculous. They need to be detained and deported immediately. IMMEDIATELY. No papers, no stay. Period. No excuses, no pity. They shouldn't stay in our country any longer than a theater owner would allow someone to stay in their theater without a movie ticket.

Maybe we should ask Hollywood how long they'd let anyone trying to sneak into a movie free of charge without a ticket stay in the theater? Why don't we all just invade movie theaters and concerts and demand to stay without buying a ticket? Maybe THAT would teach these Hollywood Democrats who support illegal immigration the common meaning between immigration laws that protect our borders just as copyright laws protect their art and performances.
    Last edited by Judy; 10-16-2015 at 03:13 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I think the picture is a misrepresentation of what is really happening here. I don't know this for a fact but I seriously suspect many of the "children" they're talking about in the article are actually teenagers who came here without their parents.
    I agree and they are already out there contributing to the destruction of jobs and wages for US citizens or producing new little US citizens for money. JMO