Quote Originally Posted by magyart
Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
Quote Originally Posted by magyart
Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
I grew up in Wheeling and my step dad worked at Blaw Knox steel mill before it shut its doors

they are good hardy people and you are right, they would give the shirt off of their back

Allen town is another good video

Billy Joel - Allentown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHnJp0oyOxs
Remember DiCarlo's Pizza and Elm Grove's Pizza Hut ? Colman's Fish Market, the Christmas parade in Wheeling ? I still make it back, to see Mom and my brother.

How far from Tampa, are you ?
oh my lord.... I LOVE DiCarlo's Pizza and go out of my way for Colman's Fish Market and the Pizza Hut was where we hung out after football games with Central Cathedrel High School ... the Christmas parade was amazing... when Wheeling was thriving there was not to many places to compare it with.. 2 state parks within 5 miles of one another; Wheeling Park, Olgelby Park... I'm down in Naples; about 170 miles south of Tampa

Most of my family is back there still; 2 brothers in Dayton, a sister in Wheeling, a Sister in Pittsburgh .. Naples is where I live but that area is where I call home
My Mom and brother "Skip" still live in Shadysdide. Skip and I do geneology, so we now search the cemeteries of Ohio Co., WV and Belmont Co. OH. I'll be in Tampa later this week. My wife has a sister and brother in Springfield and we occasionally make it to Dayton.

Wheeling is a shadow of it's former self. I get depressed if I visit Wheeling or Steubenville. I remember how these cities once thrived and now their econimies and tax bases have been destroyed. If I remember correctly, Mingo Junction layed off the entire police force. The Cheif of Police still shows up a few hours a week, but the city has no money to pay them.
Bellaire is now a village, of less than 5,000. More than 15,000 use to live there.

Well, I'm hoping the weather in Tampa is great. I'll be staying on the beach. Last year it was in the 50's
I LOVE football .... I remember Steubenville Big Red, if I remember right it was the home of Dean Martin

I get depressed every time I go home also because I remember what it used to be ... thats why I am here fighting Globalization ... I seen what it and Liberal Politicians have done to a wonderful city / Area.

Every time I go home I take pictures and see old friends and what it has done to them... makes me want to cry because these people are trapped in No Mans Land

We have had a couple cold spells but bounce back quickly ... we have had a couple of days in the lower 80s so it might not be to bad when you visit