Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal deported 14 times before fatal DUI crash

Friday, 07/20/07

Mandolin maker's killer had been deported 14 times
    Mexican citizen receives 25 year prison sentence, will be eligible for parole in 7-1/2 years

By SHEILA BURKE
    Staff Writer
    http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs. ... 3/70720020
    An illegal immigrant convicted in a fatal drunk driving wreck in Nashville had been deported from the U.S. three times and allowed to leave voluntarily on eleven other occasions before the accident that claimed the life of a local guitar maker.

The revelation came during testimony by a federal agent at a sentencing hearing today for Julio Villasana. It was not immediately clear how he managed to re-enter the U.S.

Following the hearing, Villasana, 34, was sentenced to 25 years in prison for killing Charlie Derrington in the Aug. 1, 2006, wreck.

Derrington was a noted mandolin maker for Gibson Musical Instruments who reconstructed bluegrass legend Bill Monroe's prized instrument. He had been riding his motorcycle on Briley Parkway north of Nashville when he collided with Villasana’s car, which had been traveling in the wrong direction.

Villasana, who at the time lived in Louisville, Ky., fled the scene but was arrested later on suspicion of drunken driving, police said.

Under state law, he will have to serve at least 30 percent of his sentence -- or 7 and a half years -- before becoming eligible for parole.

Derrington was the production manager of Nashville-based Gibson's mandolin division. He reassembled Monroe's favorite 1925 Gibson mandolin after it was smashed to pieces by a burglar in his home. The instrument is now on display at the Country Music Hall of Fame.

The testimony about the deportations was given by an agent from the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Other witnesses, including relatives of the victim, made victim impact statements.

For the latest updates, check back at Tennessean.com.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexican citizen receives 25 year prison sentence, will be eligible for parole in 7-1/2 years

This career criminal, with absolutely no respect for the law, kills this man and could be out in 7 1/2 years? That is disgusting.

Then what, he is released into the general population and told to
    self-deport himself? And we all know he will leave since he has been told to "voluntarily leave" ELEVEN TIMES.

This makes me absolutely sick!

As many of you have mentioned before, why aren't any of these victims families suing the government, ICE, etc. for failing to do their job. I mean they need to be held accountable. I know I would sue every body under the sun if this happened to my friend or family member. And I am a person who believes most lawsuits are bogus but come on people need to be held accountable.

Another senseless and totally avoidable death of an American citizen.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn