Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrant, 27, Caught Posing As High Schooler

Illegal Immigrant, 27, Caught Posing As High Schooler
    Skip directly to the full story.
    By LISA A. DAVIS and RONNIE BLAIR The Tampa Tribune

Published: Sep 28, 2005
    TRINITY - Josue Oswaldo Ramirez-Mejia just wanted a good education.

That's the story the 27-year- old told Pasco County Sheriff's deputies Tuesday when he was arrested for posing as a 17-year-old J.W. Mitchell High School student.

An illegal immigrant from Guatemala, Ramirez-Mejia has been attending the school since shortly after the new academic year began in August, sheriff's officials said.

His real age was discovered Tuesday after he lost his wallet during gym class, which was found with his identification cards with his real birth date: Jan. 3, 1978.

Ramirez-Mejia enrolled in the school Aug. 25 with someone posing as a parent at his side, according to school officials. He used forged documents, including a birth certificate stating he was born Jan. 3, 1987, sheriff's officials said.

He also was enrolled in English as a second language classes, school officials said.

Ramirez-Mejia, of 1820 Hacienda Way, Holiday, is being held at the Land O' Lakes jail on a charge of uttering a forged instrument. Bail is set at $5,000.

FBI and immigration services have been notified, the sheriff officials said

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBCU8GV5EE.html

With this should any Parent feel safe. Not knowing who is setting in the class room with there kids.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

FBI and immigration services have been notified, the sheriff officials said
    Is that supposed to make people feel better? What are they going to do, tell him to keep working hard?
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Since the Supreme Court 5-4 decison on Plyler vs Doe in 1982 a lot of adult age illegals have come in with their families to get a free education for their children. It is to be expected that things like this would happen.

I am glad to see an issue made of fraudulent documentation. If there is some sort of amnesty I at least hope that the users of fraudulent documentation will be excluded.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)