Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am emailing him now.
    Yeah, way to go and I will do the same!!
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brother
    Â*http://www.alsa.org/

MW
    Peladec wrote:

Quote:
    I am emailing him now.

Me three!

While I'm at it, think I'll shoot Lou Dobbs an email too.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Peladec wrote:

Quote:
    I am emailing him now.

Me three!

While I'm at it, think I'll shoot Lou Dobbs an email too.

Do I hear four?

I plan on contacted as many people as I can about this and other crimes caused by illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by peladac

Do I hear four?
    You've got four!

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel

Do I hear four?
    You've got four!
    WooHoo!!!

I have been telling people about this site and tomorrow I am emailing your link to all of them.

Everyone have a great night!

They contacted the immigration and customs enforcement, or ICE, to detain him but they were refused because he didn't meet the criteria.

What then does meet the criteria??

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. ... rumb=local

Immigration officials detain man charged with DUI

Lopez

By NICOLE MARSHALL AND JIM MYERS World Staff Writers
    3/28/2007

An illegal immigrant who was arrested in Tulsa on a DUI complaint after a crash left a toddler critically injured has been detained by immigration officers.

Jose Juan Lopez, 24, is now being held by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials in Oklahoma City, police said. The child remains hospitalized.

Meanwhile, U.S. Rep. John Sullivan has contacted a key federal official about federal agents' failure to detain Lopez immediately.

Lopez was arrested Saturday after a two-vehicle crash at 36th Street North and Lewis Avenue. He was booked into the Tulsa Jail on complaints of driving under the influence, having no driver's license and failing to stop for a red light, records show.

But when police officers called the Law Enforcement Support Center's national hot line to report that Lopez had told them he was an illegal immigrant, federal officials would not put a hold on him at the jail. He posted bond and was released from jail Sunday.

On Monday, Sgt. Rick Bondy read the crash report and called the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in Oklahoma City.

"The ICE agents there were very helpful and agreed to come out to assist us," Bondy said Tuesday.

"They came here last night (Monday) and took him into custody in Owasso," where Sullivan said Lopez had been living.

Carl Rusnok, a spokesman for ICE, said Tuesday that when Oklahoma ICE agents were informed about Lopez, they immediately investigated and tracked him down.

He reportedly had given an incorrect address to Tulsa police.

Federal officials' initial refusal to detain Lopez led Sullivan to contact Julie Myers, assistant secretary of homeland security for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Sullivan said in a letter to Myers that the refusal of the Law Enforcement Support Center to place a hold on Lopez raises serious concerns about the criteria used to determine whether an illegal immigrant who is under arrest by local authorities warrants federal apprehension.

"I request that you provide my office with a statement of official ICE policy regarding the criteria used at the Law Enforcement Support Center in making the decision on whether or not to detain criminal illegal aliens," he wrote to Myers.

Bondy said traffic reports indicate that Lopez was driving north on Lewis Avenue about 1 p.m. Saturday, ran a red light and struck an eastbound car driven by Tara Hubbard.

The impact caused Hubbard's vehicle to spin. Her 2-year-old son, Bradyn, who was not in a child seat or other restraint, was ejected from the car.

The child was seriously injured and was taken to a hospital.

Lopez reportedly told police that he is Mexican and in the U.S. illegally.

It isn't always so easy for officers to confirm whether someone is here illegally.

FROM A-9 "There is no database out there that is going to allow us to determine if they are illegal," Bondy said. "And if they change their name, they would not show up in a database anyway."

He said that "what people have to realize is that TPD does not have jurisdiction to deport people. Any sort of immigration action has to be done by the federal authorities."

In Sullivan's letter to Myers, he again pressed his request for the creation of an ICE office in Tulsa.

He also requested approval of the 2006 application filed by the Tulsa County sheriff to participate in a program that would allow cross deputization of deputies and jail personnel.

Bondy and Rusnok said local law enforcement officials will work with ICE agents so that Lopez is held in Oklahoma City while charges are prepared against him here.

"He is being processed for deportation," Rusnok said. "Howev er, we are working with the (Tulsa County) DA's Office to ensure that he stands trial before he is returned to his country of origin."

Rusnok added that if Lopez is convicted, he will serve his prison sentence before being deported.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"He reportedly had given an incorrect address to Tulsa police. "

More family values, no remorse what scum.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz

Yep, scum is what he and many others are.

I noticed your avatar and I want to thank you for your service also. Too many times our police and firefighters are forgotten. I see the frustration in my friend's face (a detective) and it reminds me of what we are up against.

Be safe!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz

Yep, scum is what he and many others are.

I noticed your avatar and I want to thank you for your service also. Too many times our police and firefighters are forgotten. I see the frustration in my friend's face (a detective) and it reminds me of what we are up against.

Be safe!!
    peladac,
    My avatar is in memory of Officer Rodney Johnson

The Officer Down Memorial Page Remembers . . .

Officer Rodney Joseph Johnson
    Houston Police Department
    Texas
    End of Watch: Thursday, September 21, 2006

Biographical Info
    Tour of Duty: 12 years
    Badge Number: Not available

Incident Details
    Cause of Death: Gunfire
    Date of Incident: Thursday, September 21, 2006
    Weapon Used: Gun; Unknown type
    Suspect Info: In custody

Officer Rodney Johnson was shot and killed after taking an illegal alien into custody during a traffic stop.

He had stopped a large white pickup truck occupied by a man and woman on Randolph at Braniff, just south of Hobby Airport, at about 5:30 pm. After handcuffing the male, he placed him in the backseat of the patrol car and then returned to the driver's seat. The subject in the backseat was able to move his hands to his front, retrieve a concealed handgun, and then shot Officer Johnson in the back of the head four times. Despite being fatally wounded, Officer Johnson was able to push an emergency button, alerting dispatch to the incident.

When other officers arrived, the male was still handcuffed and sitting in the patrol car, and the weapon was recovered. The woman who was in the vehicle during the traffic stop had fled but was also located and taken into custody.

Officer Johnson was taken to Ben Taub Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Officer Johnson was a 12-year member of the Houston Police Department and had previously served as a corrections officer with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, and as a military policeman in the US Army. He is survived by his wife, also a Houston officer, and their three daughters and two sons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast