Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrants arrested in Florence, released,

Illegal immigrants arrested in Florence, released, and given a court date

WPDE has uncovered what happened to 13 illegal immigrants who were released from jail, just hours after being arrested in Florence County.
    Florence County deputies caught the immigrants in a traffic stop near I-20 and I-95. Immigration officials took them to jail in Charleston County, but they were never booked. After several phone calls on Monday, WPDE found out what happened.

A traffic stop on Interstate 95 in Florence County last Thursday night lead to the arrest of 13 illegal immigrants inside a pickup truck.

"You'd be surprised what travels the interstate," said Florence County Sheriff Kenney Boone.

Florence County Sheriff Kenney Boone says his deputies searched the truck and found cocaine on the driver. He was taken to jail in Florence County.

"With that information they received notified ICE and they responded," said Boone.

Agents with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, immediately came to the scene. They took the other 12 immigrants to be booked at the Charleston County Detention Center, the only facility in the state that's approved to detain illegal aliens. When they arrived, jail officials there say they were extremely busy.

They already had 115 other people to book and officials say they didn't have the time to adequately take care of the immigrants. So, the immigrants were released on what is called an NTA. That's a "notice to appear" back in court. Immigration officials say it's similar to a bond and the men are required to report back to court on a designated date. But some say they doubt that will happen.

"I don't think they'll come back," said Clayton Steele. "I just don't think they'll ever show up, cause they're already illegal."

Immigration officials say the men were finger printed and photographed, so they're in the system. If they fail to show up for court, they will be arrested on a fugitive warrant. U.S. immigration officials would not say the specific date the men are to appear in court, but say it is later this year.
    http://www.wpde.com/news/viewarticle.asp?view=2781
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Looks like the catch and release program has not ended like we were told.

the only facility in the state that's approved to detain illegal aliens. When they arrived, jail officials there say they were extremely busy.
    They have one facility in the whole state???? I think they may be outnumbered by mexican consulates.