Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrants arrested in raid to be deported, no jail

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8204636

Illegal immigrants arrested in raid to be deported

Associated Press - April 21, 2008 5:45 PM ET

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Federal judges have ordered 18 illegal immigrants arrested a north Arkansas poultry plant to be processed for deportation.

But none will serve any prison time for using fake Social Security numbers and state identification cards.

Two judges in Little Rock accepted guilty pleas today from 17 of those arrested at the Pilgrim's Pride plant in Batesville last week.

Those arrested had faced up to up to two years in prison and $205,000 in fines.

U.S. Attorney Jane Duke says her office had no interest in seeing those arrested serve prison time, as they were "otherwise law-abiding citizens."

Three others face administrative charges of immigration violations after the raid Wednesday at the plant operated by East Texas-based Pilgrim's Pride.

The crackdown was part of a national sweep at company operations in Florida, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia.

U. S. Attorney
    P. O. BOX 1229
    Little Rock, AR 72203
    Phone: 1-501-340-2600
    Fax: 1-501-340-2728

"otherwise law-abiding citizens."

How the heck can illegal aliens be called law-abiding citizens??????????

These judges are sure confused.

okay folks. i just got off the phone with this office.

the lady told me that anyone who has a forged or stolen ID , be it legal american or illegal alien does not necessarily mean jail time. she says most of the time people will just be put on probation for SIX MONTHS and she told me that when the judge made that comment, it was to reflect that there were no warrants out for SERIOUS CRIMES. now anyone want to call them and see if you get a different answer..

she did say that she had gotten many calls about this already today

Well, I just called and after I vented I was transferred to the "Deputy Attorney's" FULL VOICEMAIL box.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Sorry to have to say it--because I think criminals should be punished--but imprisoning these guys prior to deportation will just add more costs to the taxpayers. Deportation is about all we can afford--but we have to make sure that they can't come back. Sending them to prison wouldn't send much a message to people thinking of doing the same--they don't have any real line of communication, since we're dealing with an underground society.

If I were in charge I would build a federal prison on some remote Alaska island and just leave 'em all there, but that isn't going to happen. Deportation is probably all we can afford, anymore.

Anyone see my idea on the border observation towers? Since I work in construction I'm always dreaming of ways to do things cheaper. I suggested a design for a portable tower that would cost only a few hundred thousand and could be easily relocated to sites where illegal crossings have intensified.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Captainron wrote:

Sorry to have to say it--because I think criminals should be punished--but imprisoning these guys prior to deportation will just add more costs to the taxpayers.
    I understand where you're coming from, however, I think it's about time we start making an example of these folks. Deportation is not a punishment.

Prison time could serve as a deterrent to other would be users of forged and stolen indentification documents.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn