Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigration Costs U.S. $113 Billion a Year, Study Fi

Illegal Immigration Costs U.S. $113 Billion a Year, Study Finds

By Ed Barnes

Published July 06, 2010

FoxNews.com

The cost of harboring illegal immigrants in the United States is a staggering $113 billion a year -- an average of $1,117 for every “native-headedâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think AZ should countersue the feds for the cost of illegal immigration to their state.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    I think AZ should countersue the feds for the cost of illegal immigration to their state.
    I THINK EVERY ONE OF THE LOWER 48 SHOULD SUE THE GOVERNMENT AND NOT JUST ARIZONA.

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

FAIR Releases First-of-its-Kind Comprehensive Study of Federal, State and Local

Costs of Illegal Immigration

June 6, 2010

(Washington, DC) A new study released today by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) estimates that illegal immigration now costs federal and local taxpayers $113 billion a year. The report, The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on U.S. Taxpayers, is the most comprehensive analysis of how much the estimated 13 million illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children cost federal, state and local governments.

The cost estimates are based on an extensive analysis of federal, state and local spending data. The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on U.S. Taxpayers examines dozens of government programs that are available to illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children, both legally and fraudulently. The report provides detailed analysis of the impact of illegal immigration on education, health care, law enforcement and justice, public assistance, and other government programs.

The report also accounts for taxes paid by illegal aliens – about $13 billion a year, resulting in a net cost to taxpayers of about $100 billion. However, the study notes that government at all levels would likely have realized significantly greater revenues if jobs held by illegal aliens had been filled by legal U.S. residents instead.

Federal spending on illegal aliens amounts to $29 billion, finds Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on U.S. Taxpayers. The lion’s share of the costs of illegal immigration is borne by state and local taxpayers – an estimated $84.2 billion. In 18 states, expenditures on illegal aliens exceeded the size of those states’ budget deficits in FY 2009.

Among the key findings of The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on U.S. Taxpayers:

* The $113 billion in outlays for services and benefits to illegal aliens and their families represents an average cost to native-headed households of $1,117 a year. Because the burdens of illegal immigration are not evenly distributed, the costs are much higher in states with large illegal alien populations.
    * Education for the children of illegal aliens represents the single largest public expenditure at an annual cost of $52 billion. Nearly all of that cost is absorbed by state and local governments.
    * The federal government recoups about one-third of its share of the costs of illegal immigration in the form of taxes collected. States, which bear a much greater share of the costs, recoup a mere 5 percent of their expenditures from taxes paid by illegal aliens.
    * Granting amnesty to illegal aliens, as President Obama and others propose, would not significantly increase tax revenues generated by current illegal aliens. However, over time, amnesty would dramatically increase public costs as newly-legalized aliens become eligible for all means-tested government programs.
    * Arizona’s annual cost of illegal immigration is $2.5 billion.

“The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on U.S. Taxpayers provides a definitive response to the question of whether illegal aliens are a net benefit or a net drain on government coffers,â€

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    I remember one of the first things I heard about when I moved to a city outside of Phoenix was about a shoot-out of drug cartel on a major freeway during rush hour. I thought about how much money that cost the police and the local citizens for how much time they sat there on the freeway waiting for it to end and the police to clean up.

Here it is, years later, hundreds of shoot-outs, millions of dollars, all the dead policemen from illegals. And what do we have? An administration telling us we are safer than ever, state after state on the verge of bankruptcy, an entire generation of American kids who can barely spell because we are more inclined to teach illegals then legals and known terrorists in our armed forces shooting his fellow soldiers.

I say BOOT ILLEGALS OUT NOW! AND, their anchor babies ARE NOT CITIZENS. And, not just because we can't afford it. Because they have broken our laws.

Well gee whiz and golly, perhaps Fox News should send a copy of this report to the White House, oh well, maybe not since nobody there reads anything.

WOW! I just read the whole FAIR study. I feel literally sick to my stomach seeing how much this is costing AMERICAN Taxpayers.

I have sent this study to everyone I know. This is terrible.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    WOW! I just read the whole FAIR study. I feel literally sick to my stomach seeing how much this is costing AMERICAN Taxpayers.

I have sent this study to everyone I know. This is terrible.
    you and me both. that is DISGUSTING!

Amen. Add it as a countersuit to the motion filed by the Dept. of Justice.

Well gee whiz and golly, perhaps Fox News should send a copy of this report to the White House, oh well, maybe not since nobody there reads anything.
    At least they don't read anything from the People.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower has become my hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast