Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigration opponents rally in Vegas, plot strategy

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stori ... 10723.html

Today: May 28, 2006 at 16:11:45 PDT

Illegal immigration opponents rally in Vegas, plot strategy

ASSOCIATED PRESS

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Hundreds of illegal immigration opponents rallied in Las Vegas and pledged to fight a Senate plan that legalizes undocumented Mexicans in the U.S.

The two-day Unite to Fight Summit II, which ended Sunday, drew about 350 activists from across the nation.

"This is aimed at getting everyone on the same page," said organizer Mark Edwards, a local radio show host and founder of the Wake Up America Foundation. "You have to try new tactics and see what works."

Outside the Cashman Theatre, about 100 protesters carried U.S. flags and shouted "Racists go home."

Inside, activists stressed there was a difference between legal and illegal immigration.

"I have nothing against immigrants who come here legally," Edwards told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Speaker Robert Vasquez, a county commissioner from Idaho, agreed: "There's nothing racist about enforcing the law equally."

Speakers accused illegal immigrants of waging war against the U.S., and charged the federal government with being unresponsive to the wishes of most Americans.

"This is the most unprecedented Trojan horse invasion in the history of our country," said Jim Gilchrist, founder of the anti-immigration group Minuteman Project. "And if our government wants a war, we will fight them with the First Amendment and the right to assembly peaceably."

Neither Republicans nor Democrats escaped the wrath of activists.

A bumper sticker on a pickup parked outside read: "Bush for President ... of Mexico."

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., received only slightly fewer catcalls than Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., when their names were brought up.

"What you have is standard boiler-plate sissies," Gilchrist said of the Senate.

Then, he imitated Reid by raising his voice. "He talks kind of funny. I think he is a sissy."

Gilchrist also accused real estate developers and the Catholic Church of fighting efforts to strengthen border security.

Other speakers included Linda and Nathan Muller, who led a successful campaign to unseat the mayor and town council in Herndon, Va., over their support for a day labor site.

They gave tips on how to run a grassroots campaign focused on illegal immigration.

"That's the next step - more political activism on the scene," Edwards said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"What you have is standard boiler-plate sissies," Gilchrist said of the Senate.

Then, he imitated Reid by raising his voice. "He talks kind of funny. I think he is a sissy."
    Were these comments really necessary? Shame that a man of his stature would stoop to such tactics. We need to fight this fight with dignity, not juvenile antics.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Common belief by hispanic activists is that if you do no like illegals you are automatically a racist.

Don't they ever stop and think what would happen if americans by the millions invaded Mexico?
    By damaging us, you damage yourselves!

http://www.siliconeer.com/past_issues/2 ... form_1.jpg

"Racists go home."

The alleged racist are home.
    All you illegals need to take your own advise and "go home"!

Also, I've noticed the R-word getting thrown out there a whole lot lately. Guess what, I'm not going to cower down to any one that calls me a racist. I have no shame or guilt and you are not going to stop me by calling me names. It's worked in the past because no one wants to wear such a brand. I refused to accept it and I will not wear it. It will not shut me up.

Remember, "you criticize others of your own insecurities". Also, you find faults in others that you recognize in yourselves. They are really just verbalizing what is in their hearts and on their minds.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Racists Go Home

Racists' Go Home, makes me laugh, the Mexican people are the biggest ones here in the USA.

My niece, her husband and I went to a busy street corner here in a town in Wash State, on May 1. We had our signs and the American Flags and held our own minnie protest. We were given the middle finger, by Mexican men, women and young girls.

For women and girls to stoop to this mentality, was beyond me, and my family will not stoop to their level. We just waved our Almerican Flags and smiled at them.

We were called Racists Bitches, F You, Go back to Europe, etc. A really nice bunch of people who we want to welcome to America. They appreciate nothing that the taxpayers are funding on their behalf.

As a result, I am now collecting signatures on a petition, that will deny all funding by the state for their medical, etc. Let them do as our fore fathers did, scratch your way up to the top. There were no welfare programs at that time, you either did or died. If that is racist, then so be it.

The more the ding-a-lings spew the "racist" label the less impact it has.

Shall we assist in nullifying what is becoming an increasingly irrelevant term due to extreme overuse? Yes....

Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist RacistRacist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist Racist