Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Constitution works just fine. Its the ridiculous interpretations of the Constitution which is destroying this country.

Anyone who believes the framers would have intended the 14th amendment to grant US Citizenship to the offspring of those here in violation Federal Law is asinine. Period! Who in their right mind would endorse such an interpretation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We must defend and support the Constitution. Vote for Ron Paul!

I agree, if you care about following the Constitution then you will need to vote for Ron Paul.

A Republic... If we can keep it! No to Con Con!

I am a SC citizen and have been urging my senators and reps to work for immigration law enforcement and border security, but when I found out that there was an attempt to call an Article V Constitutional Convention, I began concentrating my efforts AGAINST that resolution, just as I did 20 years ago, when citizens came together and convinced our legislature to WITHDRAW our state's previous convention call over the balanced budget amendment. A Con Con as it is oft termed is a very dangerous proposition which could undermine our entire form of government.

A Constitutional Convention cannot be limited to one single issue or amendment. The entire US Constitution would be open to revision or could be thrown out altogether. If the wrong interest groups get control of the convention we could end up with a North American Union with open borders, rather than a border security amendment as Sen McConnell envisions. But don't just take my word for it. The following is a link to my website where I have posted a letter from former Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger (198 where he states...

"The Convention could make its own rules and set its own agenda. Congress might try to limit the Convention to one amendment or to one issue, but there is no way to assure that the convention would obey. After a Convention is convened, it will be too late to stop the Convention if we don't like its agenda. The meeting in 1787 ignored the limit placed by the Confederation Congress 'for the sole and express purpose'..."

"A Constitutional Convention today would be a free-for-all for special interest groups, television coverage, and press speculation."

http://my.opera.com/jkhgadfly

Tell your state reps to support strong laws against illegal immigration, but tell them to SAY NO to an Article V Constitutional Convention!

Welcome to alipac "JKHgadfly" glad to have you with us!!

I must agree with you, the more research I have done on this the more I am convinced it could be very dangerous, especially given the very large radical racist special interest groups in our country now and the power they seem to have with our president and congress state and federal.

I would do all possible to keep this from happening now especially.

----------------------ACTION ALERT-------------------------

MCCAIN & HERNANDEZ ACTION ALERT!!!! TAKE ACTION NOW!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100860.html
    NEW ACTION MESSAGE FROM WILLIAM!! PLEASE READ!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-101191.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

A Constitutional amendment is not necessary. A law could be passed by Congress that prohibits automatic citizenship in some way such as both parents must be U. S. citizens. Part of the same law would say that the law is exempt from judicial review. Congress has the power to do that. The same law would also require money to be spent for enforcement. Since the Federal Courts wouldn't be able to review the law it would take effect. No more anchor babies.

Simply passing a law defining "under the jurisdiction thereof" to State that both parents need to be here LEGALLY. Or one parent a citizen, if the second parent is here legally and MARRIED to the first parent.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234