Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lets do it !!!

Lets strip the citizenship from the anchor babies too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greginLA
    Lets do it !!!

Lets strip the citizenship from the anchor babies too!!!
    Count me in!
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    I'm no expert by any means, but I seem to remember that a Constitutional Convention would have the power to totally re-write the Constitution, so Congress is very reluctant to let such a convention happen.
    THAT WOULD BE DANGEROUS. I WOULD BE AFRAID THAT THERE WOULD BE A BIG "FREE-FOR-ALL" TO CHANGE ALOT OF OTHER THINGS, AND IT WIPE OUT THE ENTIRE CONSTITUTION.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Some concern

1. No provision of this Constitution, or any amendment thereto, shall restrict or limit any state from enforcing federal law with regard to immigration violations.

This may be a concern if you think about it. If lets say a state like California refuses to enforce federal law well you just let that one state have an impact on the rest of the nation. While I do believe that states have the right to pick their laws something of this magnitude should be federally enforced. I don't think a state should have the right to chose federal laws mandated for the protection and continuity of the country on whole.

As for sanctuary cities in states not wanting them this law works as written.

Another thing is they should include that those born on US soil do not gain automatic citizenship unless born to parents of American citizens. This would finally close the anchor baby loophole.

This is a bold mold indeed and needs to be carefully written and not be allowed to deviate from the issue. The main assurance of this is that many states need to sign on. Yet it must be carefully looked at to make sure other things were not effected nor touched.

It does by its very nature which is positive; tells the federal government that the people have lost confidence in its abilities to uphold the laws. It is a Yell to them that they cannot ignore. It does need to be written carefully and correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I'm no expert by any means, but I seem to remember that a Constitutional Convention would have the power to totally re-write the Constitution, so Congress is very reluctant to let such a convention happen.
    THAT WOULD BE DANGEROUS. I WOULD BE AFRAID THAT THERE WOULD BE A BIG "FREE-FOR-ALL" TO CHANGE ALOT OF OTHER THINGS, AND IT WIPE OUT THE ENTIRE CONSTITUTION.
    Which is why they don't want it to happen. Can you imagine the nutjob proposals that would be put forward at the convention?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Which is why they don't want it to happen. Can you imagine the nutjob proposals that would be put forward at the convention?
    I couldnt even begin to imagine what kind of a DISASTER this would cause! I suppose LaRaza, LULAC, Big Business, ACLU, past and present Presidents of Mexico, and others, would all meet behind closed doors to rewrite everything.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We must defend and support the Constitution. Vote for Ron Paul!

Maybe it would be a good idea after all, since the convention could only propose amendments that would still have to be ratified by the states:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention ... nstitution

It would apparently take both houses of the legislatures in at least 34 states to apply to Congress for a convention on the same subject, such as illegal immigration. If that happened, Congress is required to call a convention to propose amendments. The question is, could we get the legislatures of 34 states to apply for a convention to address illegal immigration??
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

U.S. CONSTITUTION for 21st Century

WELCOME to the Realistic IDEALIST Forum on a new, proposed U.S. Constitution for 21st Century and Beyond.

The Forum has been established to generate nationwide support for replacement of the 200-year old, antiquated--now detrimental and dangerous--Constitution.

The agenda of the Forum will focus upon:

U.S. Constitution for 21st Century and Beyond
    Reorienting National Policies from WAR to PEACE

Transforming CAPITALISTIC DICTATORSHIP into DEMOCRACY

Why…A New CONSTITUTION?

Triumphantly Coping with Challenges of FUTURE

Originator of Forum: Herbert Kirstein

APPENDIX: CITIZEN POWERS of Direct DEMOCRACY

http://www.newusconstitution.org/

YES...........BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. WE COULD END UP MUCH WORSE THEN WE ARE NOW.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast