Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Kiwi Faces Deportation Despite U.S. Marriage

WEST MILFORD - Kiwi faces deportation despite American marriage

(by Donna Rolando - Managing Editor - November 26, 200

Though married and happy with their lives in the United States, Heathcliff Bradley, a 36-year-old native of New Zealand, and Cheryl Losee of West Milford find the future uncertain. A federal court is expected to decide whether Bradley can stay in this nation with his wife, who is an American citizen.

WEST MILFORD - They took vows for a lifetime but now a township couple finds the future tossed by what their lawyer says may be new wave for immigration laws.

“I got caught up in a very broken system,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Asatrian said the departure seems to have spun out of the Momeni v. Chertoff decision by the 9th Circuit in March of 2008. This held that those who overstay their Visa Waiver forfeit all their due process rights and should be removed without a hearing, even if they marry a U.S. citizen.
    Makes sense to me because the minute your visa expires, you're an illegal alien! Illegal aliens should not be able to obtain legal status by simply marrying a U.S. citizen. I'm still trying to figure out how Mr. Bradley acquired a social security card.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here's another lesson that USA can learn from Mexico-

if a foreigner wants to marry a Mexican citizen in Mexico, he or she must get approval with immigration first, otherwise the marriage is not legally recognized.

“I got caught up in a very broken system,â€
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Our immigration system is only broken when people decide to disregard the laws that apply to coming here. I married my wife in Manila, Philippines and then proceeded to take her through the legal immigration process. It was long and tedious but the wait was worth it. Now, instead of having to cry about a broken system, my wife and daughter are well on their way to becoming American citizens. And surprise of surprises, they both speak English better than I do. All because we followed the laws instead of trying to circumvent them.