Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal & Legal Latinos Are Foundation of NC Constr Biz

http://beta.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.d ... EWSREC0201

Friday, January 6, 2006

Latinos are foundation of N.C. construction biz
    By Marta Hummel

It would be nearly impossible to find a construction site in the Triad where Spanish is not spoken. On some job sites, it might be the only language spoken.

A report released earlier this week by researchers at UNC-Chapel Hill puts the number of Latinos working in the state’s construction industry at about 33 percent. But Triad industry observers disagree, saying the percentage of Hispanic construction workers is much higher and could even be double the study’s estimate.

From 1995 to 2005, the state’s construction industry hired 111,630 Latino workers â€â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My brothers, whom have worked in construction all their lives, say their wages have gone down drastically. They are earning the wages they earned in the early 1980's and it's all due to illegals taking the construction jobs here in NC These big companies have found that they can hire 3 illegals for the price of 1 American and not have to fork out any kind of benefits, either. Yet, we(the little guy) are paying for the welfare benefits, healthcare, etc, that these illegals are recieving, NOT the big business who is stuffing their bank accounts! My brother owns his construction business and he keeps getting underbid by larger companies who hire illegals. My brother WILL NOT HIRE ILLEGALS, so he is suffering in his business but he says that he will not stoop to that level and I am so proud of him for that. It's good to know that there is at least one construction business owner who is still a TRUE American!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

One of my sons works in construction as well and the same thing has happened to him. You know--it just becomes more and more apparent that the ONLY way to even make a DENT is to start fining the employers. NONE of the other efforts are going be effective until they start doing this. AND, if I were owned a construction company, NO LANGUAGE BUT ENGLISH would be spoken on the job.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

This is really horrible. People want these jobs, but they go to the Hispanics because they will work for dirt. You dont see a bunch of Chinese workers at construction sites. Why? Because more of them are legal and they start their own businesses. Construction jobs used to be plentiful around my area, but no one advertises anymore. They just go into a parking lot and pick up illegal aliens because they can pay them in cash and dont have to give health care. I guess its that way everywhere you go.
    P.S. BOOTSIE--I LOVE YOUR AVATAR! THAT CLOWN LOOKS SLOSHED!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“If we take an enforcement-only approach to immigration, a major number of employers are going to be slammed,� he said. “We will really do damage to ourselves.�
    Jackass, it's past time the employers got slammed. This taxpayer has had it up to here paying for your ill-gotten gains.

A report released earlier this week by researchers at UNC-Chapel Hill puts the number of Latinos working in the state's construction industry at about 33 percent.
    Another lie. If these two good doctors would just ride thru the UNC campus with their eyes OPEN, they would see for themselves-everybody else does.

My brother WILL NOT HIRE ILLEGALS, so he is suffering in his business but he says that he will not stoop to that level and I am so proud of him for that. It's good to know that there is at least one construction business owner who is still a TRUE American!
    You should be proud of him rebellady. I know I've posted this before but I know a contractor who had 4 or 5 different crews but would not hire illegals. Well, he's down to one crew now and 75% of the work he does is going back in to fix the mess sorry contractors left. The new home builder who thought he was getting such a bargain has a rude awakening. You get what you pay for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

P.S. BOOTSIE--I LOVE YOUR AVATAR! THAT CLOWN LOOKS SLOSHED!
    I hadn't even THOUGHT of that but it DOES look "SLOSHED"!!! AND, maybe it IS!!! I think that one is a keeper! NOT the Presidunce but the AVATAR!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    My brother is a gas contractor. He said he knows of a few who hire illegals on a day to day basis, but he said here in Oregon the little businesses really won't its the big companies that do. My friends brother-in-law had a nursery he hired only illegals and one year he bragged to her husband that he actually pulled in over two million dollars. She said it made her sick because he did it all at the expense of other Americans.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)