Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thank you Nouveaux!!! And thank you Curious....I'm just thankful you did not get hurt...physically anyway. Your experience makes mine look like a picnic!!!

I haven't really ever discussed our situation much either because I never want anyone to think I'm wallowing in self pity and looking for sympathy but I get so furious over the "poor them" argument to justify everything they do, supposedly just to survive!!!

Our situation started when my husband was left unable to work after a near fatal intestinal problem no one knew he had until one evening when he suddenly collapsed. We started the process of applying for his disability benefits and that's when the SSA discovered the ID theft.

After waiting months, we were notified by the AZ Dept. of Economic Security, which decides disability cases, that my husband's claim was being denied because it had been discovered that he was working full time in CA. This was despite proof that these earnings are not his. But, it didn't end there. When my husband ended his career in the Army he had gone to work in his specialty (explosives) at a defense contractor. About 18 months before he became ill, the contractor was closing down their plant for 12 weeks for routine maintenance and had arranged for their employees to receive unemployment. During the course of working on his SS claim, DES found the UE benefits he had collected and decided to accuse him of benefits fraud because his ID was being used during the time he was unemployed as well. They are now demanding repayment of thousands of dollars that he does not owe them because he did nothing wrong. It hasn't mattered what we've given these people to prove it....they've latched onto this like a pitbull snacking on a teacup poodle and won't let it go.

AZ is very harsh when it comes to benefits fraud so, eventually, they will arrest my husband for a "crime" he did not even commit. While my husband would prefer that it not come to that, he's come to realize that this will probably be the only way he will be able to get an attorney and put a stop to it.

Everything we worked for and every ounce of security we had is gone, all because of an illegal alien who, I'm sure, "is only trying to better himself and feed his family".

Well, what about American families? It's infuriating!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Marina, 38 -- who for fear of being deported asked that her last name not be used by The Oregonian -- said she worked hard to raise her two U.S.-born sons. Every 15 days, she wired money to Mexico to help support her three other children, whom she has not seen in more than 10 years.
    That's about 5 children too many for a completely impoverished woman!

"I looked everywhere, and there was always the problem with (fictitious) papers," she said. "I had to send money to my children (in Mexico). I really needed a job, and I was starting to despair."
    She had 3 children in Mexico she couldn't support, so what did she do? She came to the U.S. illegally, and had TWO MORE CHILDREN!!

I tell you...these women are sheer, unadulterated idiots!!!!!!!!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Marina, 38 -- who for fear of being deported asked that her last name not be used by The Oregonian -- said she worked hard to raise her two U.S.-born sons. Every 15 days, she wired money to Mexico to help support her three other children, whom she has not seen in more than 10 years.
    That's about 5 children too many for a completely impoverished woman!

[quote:2eyrwcdg]"I looked everywhere, and there was always the problem with (fictitious) papers," she said. "I had to send money to my children (in Mexico). I really needed a job, and I was starting to despair."
    She had 3 children in Mexico she couldn't support, so what did she do? She came to the U.S. illegally, and had TWO MORE CHILDREN!!

I tell you...these women are sheer, unadulterated idiots!!!!!!!![/quote:2eyrwcdg]

No, they KNOW they have to have anchor babies to get a lot of aid from taxpayers! Also, remember 'Reconquista'.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

When identity theft became an issue a few years back, it was considered
    a serious crime by the powers that be. Now that we know illegals are stealing id's, they don't seem to think it's so bad, and we don't hear much about it except from anti-illegals.

Criminal Immigrants
    Written by OJ FAGBIRE
    Saturday, 07 July 2007
    Federal officials are cracking down on illegal immigrants in Portland due to an increasing number of identity theft crimes. Undocumented immigrants are now going one step beyond the usual use of fake green cards and Social Security Numbers. They are now stealing identities of other American residents in the area.

This new act was spurred on a recent invasion of a Monte Produce plant in North Portland which led to the detainment of 167 workers. This has put a roadblock in front of illegal immigrants because now it is much harder to find jobs.

Kevin Sibley, the Unit Chief for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said, “Aliens are finding it more difficult to find jobs using the traditional counterfeit documents. So they are willing to commit the extra step to beat the system and get a job. The next step is using someone else’s identity.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

Re: OR: Illegal workers turn to ID theft

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    An acquaintance offered to sell Marina a set of real U.S. papers for $800. Marina bought the identity of Michelle, a Texan she had never met. She says she was told that Michelle voluntarily sold her Social Security number to make money.

So I can rent my SSN to an illegal alien while I am unable to find work myself? It's not doing me any good when I can't find a job. At least this way, it will be accruing quarterly benefits for me.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Re: OR: Illegal workers turn to ID theft

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    An acquaintance offered to sell Marina a set of real U.S. papers for $800. Marina bought the identity of Michelle, a Texan she had never met. She says she was told that Michelle voluntarily sold her Social Security number to make money.

So I can rent my SSN to an illegal alien while I am unable to find work myself? It's not doing me any good when I can't find a job. At least this way, it will be accruing quarterly benefits for me.

Actually, it won't do you any good when it comes to benefits. The SSA removes any earnings not belonging to the legitimate owner of the SS#. You would think, especially in the cases of ID theft, the government would at least have the common decency to leave those earnings in place as kind of a "punitive damages" gesture to the victim.

But, silly me....evidently I expect too much..........
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Even thought these people flash a SS card, the companies do not have to and usually don't, deduct any taxes. These people get a 1099 at the end of the year and it is up to the illegal to file and pay the taxes that are owed. We know they all do that, don't we?

How did she have a clean record if she had been fired for using fake documents?

This is just getting to be too much.

Once you rented out your SSN, how would you control the further use of it? Besides, it is correct that you would not see the money in your SS account in the long run. They have an account for bogus payments that the money would end up in. Eventually you would get a letter from the IRS saying, how come you didn't declare this income and pay the taxes on it? (there are penalties for that). A lot of people find out this way that their number is being used. And if you EVER need an income-based government benefit, you will be denied if someone else is using your number. That's how a few folks found out their numbers were being used. Imagine your grandfather kicked out of the old folks home and sent home to live with you, needing medical treatment you can't afford, because as far as they could tell, he was working in Cali and therefore able bodied.

Azwreath,

You should try this group of lawyers who are suing companies in CA who are hiring illegal immigrants (they're suing for unfair competition). But who knows, since it's in CA, they might want to help you out. Can't hurt to try to contact them!

http://www.illegalemployers.org/index2.html

TexasGal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast