Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

“You keep looking for solutions,” Johnson said, adding that the city has been looking for a site to build farmworker housing for the men for more than a year. “But we haven’t found it.”
    Gee, here's a no brainer. Why not just deport them back where they came from? As a tax payer why on earth would I want to pay an illegal's rent when my husband and I can barely afford to pay our house payment because of high taxes?
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Captain Collins is a pain in the law abiding taxpayers ass.

We're trying to get ICE in there to remove the men but it's next to impossible.

Here you have 3-4 hundred illegals all together and less than 15 miles from the border and we can't get them deported.

Captain Collins looks the other way while the illegals drive around in cars without tags, or licenses. Many of the cars are probably stolen.

If the authorities don't clear them out soon we are going to get more creative to force them into action.

IT'S GONNA GET CRAZY!!!

:P

Good for you Watchdog. Also, with the recent fire created by an illegal immigrant campsite it gives more credibility that these camps are not safe for the area. This is such a sanctuary city/county. We're suppose to find homes for them? Seems outrageous! This country is not their home, they should be deported. If we provide homes for anyone it ought to be for the homeless citizens before illegals. This may get very interesting.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ok, that's it, lemme fix this:

Police say they are preparing to remove up to 300 illegal immigrant men who live in shanty homes in McGonigle Canyon by the end of August.
    CARMEL VALLEY – Police say they are preparing to remove up to 300 illegal immigrant men who live in shanty homes in McGonigle Canyon by the end of August.

“There are plans to close the illegal camps in McGonigle in the next 30 days,” said San Diego Police Capt. Jim Collins with the Northeast Division.

It's not clear who owns the property, but police officials are talking with Pardee Homes and the city of San Diego, the probable owners of the lots, about clearing the illegal camp, Collins said.

Once ownership is determined, police officers would post signs ordering the illegal men, who are mostly from southern Mexico, to leave. Should they refuse, police would likely arrest (substituted "evict") them.

It would not be the first time that illegal immigrant camps in McGonigle are removed.

A wide undeveloped expanse of land between Carmel Valley and Rancho Peñasquitos, the canyon had about 750 illegal people living there almost a dozen years ago, when the city of San Diego moved illegal families out. Illegal Families were relocated from the massive shantytown into affordable housing.

Last year, Sharon Johnson, city of San Diego homeless services administrator, told the City Council that some 100 illegal men were living in the canyon. Police estimate the number today could be as high as 300.

Before moving the illegal men, police are working with agencies to try to find homes for them in their own country, Collins said, though he did not say which groups.

Johnson said the Section 8 rent subsidies and affordable housing resources that were available 12 years ago have been largely cut by the federal government.

“You keep looking for solutions,” Johnson said, adding that the city has been looking for a site to build farmworker housing for the illegal men for more than a year. “But thankfully we haven't found it.”

Every summer, some of the shanty homes made from loose boards and plastic sheeting are torn down by private property owners because they don't want illegals trespassing on their property, said Carlos Maldonado, a community worker with the California Rural Legal Assistance nonprofit that helps the illegal migrant workers.

Collins agreed that the illegal camps are periodically moved, but he said the illegal camp dwellers often return to the same spots or nearby illegal campsites.

Collins said police have continually monitored the illegal camps because of the potentially unsafe living conditions.

The illegal camps do (substituted "could") present a fire danger because sometimes illegal men cook over open flames, and officials are concerned about the whole place going up in flames like they did with the fires burning now (substituted "damaging environmentally sensitive areas"), Collins said.

Recently, Minutemen and their supporters filmed the camps, which has angered illegal immigrants and their supporters.

Rancho Peñasquitos resident Julie Adams said the threat of fires, crime and sanitary conditions are what's leading her to push police and city officials to close the illegal camps.

She has called city officials and sent e-mails to other residents asking them to join her effort.

On Wednesday, police were called to the illegal camp to calm down a heated exchange between Minutemen supporters, including Adams, and staff from a mobile health clinic treating illegal men at the illegal camp.

Police say there was “a shoving match,” but no reports were filed and no one was arrested.

Illegal Men at the camp said they were frightened by the visit.

The Minutemen group said the incident was exaggerated.

“It's not a good situation,” said Claudia Smith, with California Rural Legal Assistance, who is concerned about Minutemen tactics.

Several illegal men at the camp, meanwhile, said they don't know where they will go if they are evicted.

“It's hard to get work because are tired of illegals like me,” said Saul Martinez, 25, a day laborer from Guerrero who lives in the canyon. “I can't afford a place.”

Ladydrake, Ticked Off American (substituted for Staff writer Leslie Berestein) contributed to this version of the report.

I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    Ok, that's it, lemme fix this:

Police say they are preparing to remove up to 300 illegal immigrant men who live in shanty homes in McGonigle Canyon by the end of August.
    CARMEL VALLEY – Police say they are preparing to remove up to 300 illegal immigrant men who live in shanty homes in McGonigle Canyon by the end of August.

“There are plans to close the illegal camps in McGonigle in the next 30 days,” said San Diego Police Capt. Jim Collins with the Northeast Division.

It's not clear who owns the property, but police officials are talking with Pardee Homes and the city of San Diego, the probable owners of the lots, about clearing the illegal camp, Collins said.

Once ownership is determined, police officers would post signs ordering the illegal men, who are mostly from southern Mexico, to leave. Should they refuse, police would likely arrest (substituted "evict") them.

It would not be the first time that illegal immigrant camps in McGonigle are removed.

A wide undeveloped expanse of land between Carmel Valley and Rancho Peñasquitos, the canyon had about 750 illegal people living there almost a dozen years ago, when the city of San Diego moved illegal families out. Illegal Families were relocated from the massive shantytown into affordable housing.

Last year, Sharon Johnson, city of San Diego homeless services administrator, told the City Council that some 100 illegal men were living in the canyon. Police estimate the number today could be as high as 300.

Before moving the illegal men, police are working with agencies to try to find homes for them in their own country, Collins said, though he did not say which groups.

Johnson said the Section 8 rent subsidies and affordable housing resources that were available 12 years ago have been largely cut by the federal government.

“You keep looking for solutions,” Johnson said, adding that the city has been looking for a site to build farmworker housing for the illegal men for more than a year. “But thankfully we haven't found it.”

Every summer, some of the shanty homes made from loose boards and plastic sheeting are torn down by private property owners because they don't want illegals trespassing on their property, said Carlos Maldonado, a community worker with the California Rural Legal Assistance nonprofit that helps the illegal migrant workers.

Collins agreed that the illegal camps are periodically moved, but he said the illegal camp dwellers often return to the same spots or nearby illegal campsites.

Collins said police have continually monitored the illegal camps because of the potentially unsafe living conditions.

The illegal camps do (substituted "could") present a fire danger because sometimes illegal men cook over open flames, and officials are concerned about the whole place going up in flames like they did with the fires burning now (substituted "damaging environmentally sensitive areas"), Collins said.

Recently, Minutemen and their supporters filmed the camps, which has angered illegal immigrants and their supporters.

Rancho Peñasquitos resident Julie Adams said the threat of fires, crime and sanitary conditions are what's leading her to push police and city officials to close the illegal camps.

She has called city officials and sent e-mails to other residents asking them to join her effort.

On Wednesday, police were called to the illegal camp to calm down a heated exchange between Minutemen supporters, including Adams, and staff from a mobile health clinic treating illegal men at the illegal camp.

Police say there was “a shoving match,” but no reports were filed and no one was arrested.

Illegal Men at the camp said they were frightened by the visit.

The Minutemen group said the incident was exaggerated.

“It's not a good situation,” said Claudia Smith, with California Rural Legal Assistance, who is concerned about Minutemen tactics.

Several illegal men at the camp, meanwhile, said they don't know where they will go if they are evicted.

“It's hard to get work because are tired of illegals like me,” said Saul Martinez, 25, a day laborer from Guerrero who lives in the canyon. “I can't afford a place.”

Ladydrake, Ticked Off American (substituted for Staff writer Leslie Berestein) contributed to this version of the report.

You just had to do that didn't you??? :P

Oh, well, I'm just griping cause you beat me to it.

Why, yes .. yes I did have to do that.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Ladydrake -
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Ladydrake -
    All right, jean, quit smirking - it's not ladylike, you know :P :P

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Ladydrake -
    All right, jean, quit smirking - it's not ladylike, you know :P :P
    I'm laughing! Seldom have reason to laugh in Mexifornia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12