Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrant Family Denied American Dream - Not What you think

I get the feeling that these people are legal immigrants. I feel the actions of Duetche Bank is appalling.

I support LEGAL immigration and legal immigrants.

[quote]The video is at the link.

I-Team: Immigrant Family Denied American Dream
    Reported by: Jeff Chirico
    Friday, Mar 20, 2009 @06:17pm EST

An immigrant family from Scranton is denied the American dream, in part by a foreign bank that received bailout money. It's a story that underscores what some claim is a broken banking system. Consumer and I-team reporter Jeff Chirico here in the studio with a story you'll see only on Eyewitness News.

Lyatif Kadyrova doesn't speak much English but you can clearly see the stress in his and his family's faces. He, his wife, sons and pregnant daughter-in-law will be kicked out of their home in twenty minutes. Safiya Kadyrova says “we don't even know where to go.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The story reads "the immigrant family from Scranton" shouldn't it read "an immigrant family IN Scranton".
    Where are they an immigrant from? And because the owner of the house(landlord) forecloses on the house does not give anyone the right to just say "I"ll buy it" and start paying for it. It has to go through legal channels first before the bank would put it up for sale again. That is not done over night or at the blink of an eye.

This has already started to happen in Florida some time ago.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

The story reads "the immigrant family from Scranton" shouldn't it read "an immigrant family IN Scranton".
    It is not my job to edit the news media's grammar.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sorry Newmexican...my statement was not directed at you.......I meant the writer should have been more descriptive on the article.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

It was tongue in cheek and I should have included a smiley - no offense taken.