Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrant rights group is building a case against Arpaio

Immigrant rights group is building a case against Arpaio
    12 News
    Jan. 23, 2008 05:08 PM

Immigrant rights activist and attorney Antonio Bustamante is building a racial profiling case against Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Bustamante is collecting first-hand accounts from witnesses who allege they were unfairly stopped, and in some cases, arrested by sheriffs deputies.

Sheriff Arpaio has placed concentrated numbers of deputies in east Phoenix where residents have complained of loiterers, litter and crime. It’s also a neighborhood where day laborers and illegal immigrants are known to congregate.

“We have a lot of evidence but we have to compile it. It has to be analyzed,â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Racial profiling ?? if you look like a duck quack like a duck and you are one to be profiled then so be it I Am one that has no problem with profiling ..Jesus H crist or as my mon would say Christ on a pogo stick get your stuff together .., If i am wearing a hat that seems to makes me someone too look at then so be it I am soooooooo tired of this diversity crap..

One specific arrest on Friday night has caught the attention of the immigrant rights community. 28 year-old U.S. citizen Israel Correa was pulled over in the area for driving without his headlights on. Deputies ended up arresting Correa because he did not provide them a drivers license upon request. But Correa argues that he did provide it, though it was several minutes after deputies initially asked for it. Correa accused deputies of doubting his citizenship. An MCSO incident report given to 12 News says Correa was “hostile…belligerent… and yelling.â€

I just hope his little game is not allowed to play out and is seen for what it truely is a scam.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I hope Sheriff Joe MAKES THE CASE against McCain. He is the darn Senator from that State that is going under massive illegal alien problems. And he wants to be President. His own state is suffering while he is campaigning for amnesty! Its just sickening. I wish someone would really nail him on that. Go Sheriff Joe!!!!

Meanwhile here in the United States organized groups of ilegal aliens hold their demonstrations occupying the Statehouse and are welcomed there by pandering politicians. As long as one person in the family is a citizen authorized to vote her then everyone else regardless of status in it is also a potential envelope stuffer, flyer distributor and future voter too. Thre are a great many Latinos who actually resent the pandering and some even see illegal immigration as competing with efforts that could be made improving their old home countries.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Whoever this attorney (or attorneys) is must be a complete idiot. Sheriff Joe has so much support, it's doubtful this case will go far.
    In addition, what is this "evidence" they are claiming to have? Do they think they can really prove racial profiling just from talking to the arrested illegals?
    I guess it's better to believe the words of illegal scum bags than elected public servants trying to do their job they were elected to do.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Lets see, no headlights and driving at nite.. yeah thats smart and its enough to stop you, even if its just to remind you the lights arent on. When an officer asks for an ID, get it, and dont lie and say you dont have it with you.
    that is a reason for suspicion right there that you might not be up to no good.
    Gawd, Correa is just guilty of playing the "stupid" card.
    He was actually playing the "set-up the cop" game, Correa is an pro-illegal activist who admitted in another news story that he did not give his id and asked if the cop was going to deport him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

[quote]“We firmly believe what the sheriff was doing was going to a portion of the city to question people of brown color and ask about citizenship and immigration.â€

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Lets see, no headlights and driving at nite.. yeah thats smart and its enough to stop you, even if its just to remind you the lights arent on. When an officer asks for an ID, get it, and dont lie and say you dont have it with you.
    that is a reason for suspicion right there that you might not be up to no good.
    Gawd, Correa is just guilty of playing the "stupid" card.
    He was actually playing the "set-up the cop" game, Correa is an pro-illegal activist who admitted in another news story that he did not give his id and asked if the cop was going to deport him.

Thanks for posting that info Miguelina.

We had heard from our next door neighbor that people were actually being sent to that area in an effort to try and set up Joe's deputies. In fact, her son was one of those asked, the attempted recruitment coming from one of his co-workers. He didn't involve himself of course. I suppose this is some new tactic Bermudez and his ilk are throwing themselves behind.

Quite frankly, the entire incident involving Correa did sound a bit contrived

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast