Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
Actually, I hope ALL these illegals start loudly demanding fair wages! Wouldn't take long for that lame rhetoric (excuse) "they work twice as hard as American workers" to dry up. If an employer is made to pay, say 20.00 and hour for constuction workers, the preferred workers are going to be the ones he/she can easily communicate with.
I agree. These employers hired them because they would could pay less and they would 'hide in the shadows' and not make a noise, well that ain't happening no more. Not only do they have people they can't communicate with, they are 'illegals' wanting the same wages and benefits of citizens. My daddy always said "what goes over the devils back will bind under his belly" -- looks like these employers are in a bind.

The workers, all Mexican, are hard workers, raising families and only wanted what they deserved, Rodriguez said. He said workers were, at times, told they could be replaced easily if they complained about work conditions.
what are they complaining about? they don't like being treated like an American citizen who hears all the time "they could be replaced easily if they complained about work condition" . . . our employment laws don't protect citizens and I'll be darn if illegal law breakers are going to exploit the American people and then make a mockery out of OUR laws to "protect them" from a situation of their own making

And like these workers, we all want them to get what the deserve too -- to be held in violation of the law for illegally entering the country and deportation. If they would ALL take back to Mexico what they've learned here, then maybe they can change THEIR government and THEIR laws