Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Immigrants add to identity theft woes January 7, 2008

Immigrants add to identity theft woes
    By Roxana Hegeman - Associated Press Writer

January 7, 2008

Wichita — When Air Force veteran Marcos Miranda had his identity stolen, he went from being a valued customer and employee to a government statistic — one of thousands of identity theft victims caught up each year in the crackdown on illegal immigrants.

Identity theft has been a growing worry nationwide, but a rise in federal prosecutions against immigrants offers a new twist on the problem. As the government develops more sophisticated electronic employment verification systems, undocumented workers are assuming real names and Social Security numbers of U.S. citizens like Miranda to thwart detection at workplaces, to get driver’s licenses and to obtain credit.

Miranda first learned someone else was using his identity in 2000 when he was arrested on a warrant for unpaid traffic tickets at the border after a visit to relatives in Mexico. The 24-year-old Texas man was released after paying a $340 fine for violations he never incurred. Although his money was eventually returned, his nightmare was just beginning.

Since then, Miranda has responded to repeated letters from the Internal Revenue Service demanding thousands of dollars in back taxes for wages paid to someone using his name and Social Security number to work at Oldham’s LLC, a pork slaughterhouse in Holton. Miranda watched his once-high credit rating plummet as creditors reported unpaid bills incurred by others.

Against illegal immigration

“Even though I am Hispanic, I am against illegal immigration,â€

Charge with federal law

When ICE does it raids and information from SS# are found to be illegal many things should happen or When police find and ICE puts hold on person.
    1) Notify person who's number is being used.
    2) See what other forms of social services are being used and STOP All public assistance Anchor baby and all.
    3) Charge as Federal Crime
    4) Publish in newspaper and warn all others you will be punished for all your crimes and most importantly they be made to pay all taxes due to goverment and pay ALL charges for credit card or services used. Also pay lawyer fees for wronged
    U.S. Citizen.

The slap on the wrist and deport is not enough; get tuff and let the illegal aliens know we are tired of this.

Thanks for posting this

This was in our morning paper and I was about to post it when I noticed you had already done so.

I just joined this board the other day because I am overwhelmed by the feelings of anger and disgust I feel over illegal immigration and the problems it's causing Americans.

All I can say is I'm glad there are people like I've found here who are doing something about it...it makes me feel like it's not a lost cause.

[quote]“I have no reason to doubt that is absolutely true. There is no question he is a victim of identity theft,â€
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".