I see your point, Ghost, but one thing I don't understand is how education increases the value of the chattel. It has been remarked that the bachelor's is the new high school diploma, and many people are pursuing degrees not formerly needed to advance in their professions. And, in many cases the degree doesn't result in advancement. I've heard that education has gone from being perceived as a public good to being perceived as a private benefit. The only education that would increase the value of the chattel is the minimum necessary to make them useful and compliant workers. But, we are giving away or losing vast numbers of jobs at two points of the spectrum: lower working class and lower to mid white collar. Upper white collar and highest level specialty skills are still viable for a few.

How can more bodies lead to more value as we are leaking jobs? That's what I don't get about the current scenario. I see foreign people filling the various gummint offices and emergency rooms, and changing the focus of the school systems, but I'm not sure what they are supposed to be when they 'mature' as you said. So many of us who added value to ourselves are not reaping the results.

This is NOT a criticism of you, but an invitation to tell me more. I feel like there is something about this whole thing that I am missing.