Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrants force wait at emergency room

Immigrants force wait at emergency room
    http://dnj.midsouthnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ... 90317/1017

To the editor,

I had occasion to visit my local emergency room in Murfreesboro last Thursday evening. My 4-year-old little girl had spilled hot boiling liquid on her hands, arms, and chest. After racing to the emergency room, I was surprised to find no room for my daughter. As she lay in my wife's arms kicking and screaming in agony with blisters forming on her skin, I was told the rooms were all occupied. With a feeling of panic, I looked around the waiting room and then in the beds as I walked past. Fifty percent appeared to be filled with non-English speaking "immigrants." The emergency room staff was pleasant and did what they could with the facilities they had. Eventually my daughter received excellent medical attention and is recovering quickly.

Being a few days removed from the situation, I ask myself "what happened"? I grew up in this town. I never got in any trouble. I participated in community projects as an Eagle Scout. I served my country in the U.S. Air Force. I pay my taxes. I vote and have health insurance. Why does my little girl have to suffer waiting on medical attention?

I blame every person who has held public office in the last 10 years. I blame the builders and developers who have illegal aliens working on their job sites. I blame the landlords who rent to illegal aliens. I blame you and most of all me for letting this happen in our community. Eventually you or someone you love will need the emergency room or the police and they will be "occupied" with illegal immigration. Please make an appointment with every local official you can get in to see. Make illegal immigration a problem they must deal with. I don't care what Texas, California, or Washington, D.C., does about illegal immigration. I live here. I care what we do about it!

Adam Randolph

Citadel Court

Rockvale
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A member of my family suffered a similar experience. A two year old child had a fractured shoulder. His parents waited in the emergency room six hours after which his exasperated father finally demanded that his son be at least examined by a doctor. (They didn't know at the time whether the shoulder was fractured or not.)The security officer was called and they were asked to leave the emergency room.

Revenge was had when the incident was reported to the child's pediatrician. He has been on the staff of the hospital for about 30 years and heads rolled when was told of the episode.

I am sure this happens all the time, and we just don't hear about it. The media is certainly not going to tell us, the government would quash it. If there is a lawsuit, probably there is a confidentiality agreement to keep it hushed up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We don't have the medical personnel, hospitals or infrastructure to care for illegals. No one planned on the growth that illegal immigration has caused. Mexico as well as all our politicans should be forced to pay damages to anyone who has sit in a hospital due to illegals. The damages should not come from taxpayers fund but from the politicans personal resources and then they might think twice. As long as they can control taxes they don't care.

I know when I lived in Florida it was pretty much certain there would be atleast a 6 hr. wait. Illegals were always in there with the full family in tow to the point where you usually ended up waiting outside or in your car because there were no seats left. From what I could tell most were there for colds....flu....not "emergency" things. The emergency room isn't a drop in medical clinic but you sure couldn't tell.

Heck they had one lady die here while she was waiting. I'm sure she's not the only one. No one is going to be able to keep this up giving away free care like this either and using the ER like a Dr's office.

when my father had heart failure he was brought to our local hospital. when i got there the er was FULL of non English speaking pregnant women.the waiting room contained 10+ women and a dozen+ non English speaking poorly mannered uncontrolled kids running and throwing things. it was truely a zoo. i was the only gringo in the waiting room. the place has turned into a mexican free clinic.

the other bigger problem is when the hospital ER gets over crowded they go on 'bypass' meaning all incoming ambulances are diverted to other hospitals usually further away. while i was there that hospital went on bypass and the next closest was already on bypass leaving the ambulances a 40 min ride to the next nearest. how many people can't survive this extra time just so these women had their 'maternity visits'.