Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Debate Gets Mixed Review

http://www.abqjournal.com/news/state/53 ... -12-07.htm

Monday, February 12, 2007

Immigration Debate Gets Mixed Review

By Sunnie Redhouse
    Journal Staff Writer
    A debate on illegal immigration left an audience of about 175 people with mixed conclusions Sunday afternoon.
    Peter Simonson, executive director of New Mexico American Civil Liberties Union and Bob Wright, deputy national executive director of Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, faced each other from opposites sides of what some call one of the most important issues in America.
    The debate was held by Congregation Albert's Brotherhood, which has offered forums for public figures and political candidates since the 1960s.
    Simonson and Wright began the debate with five-minute presentations of their organizations' positions on the so-called "Border Crisis."
    "I think the focus on the border is a distraction to the bigger issues," Simonson said.
    Wright said the increase in illegal immigration is due to lack of control at the border, which is why the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps was formed to help stop the number of illegal border crossings.
    "The border is the problem. The biggest problem the nation faces today," Wright said. "What we want is a well- thought-out organization that serves the people of our nation."
    The introduction was followed by three-minute rebuttals and questions from the audience.
    Anita Miller, once a Las Cruces resident living close to the border, said she witnessed pregnant women crossing the border close to their due dates.
    "I don't think we can absorb any more immigration," Miller said. "We need to put more pressure on the Mexican government to police their borders."
    Elmer Maestas, an Albuquerque resident of 15 years, said the debate lacked important considerations to the history of the United States and Mexico.
    "A lot of these people come to talk and they forget we took half of Mexico's land," Maestas said.
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

"A lot of these people come to talk and they forget we took half of Mexico's land," Maestas said.
    America DIDN'T take Mexico's land, it was bought and paid for if you check your facts.

Good work!

Hey--a History buff---good work! It's always an amazing journey through the "media"! Half-truths, lies, distortion, and plain ignorance of the facts rule nowadays.

The justification of "ownership" based on squatting (and usurpation of legally granted property rights) is anarchical. The current situation is nothing less than organized criminal extortion practiced and encouraged by the top levels of Mexican and U.S. Governments.

Try to buy a piece of Mexican property as a U.S. Citizen! Now look at the Criminal Mexicans Illegals who purchase U.S real estate (with tacit government appoval, no less!)

So, what color is the kettle.......?
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

"I think the focus on the border is a distraction to the bigger issues," Simonson said.
    oh my bad.... I thought it was THE BIG ISSUE!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We paid 7-1/2 million to Russia for Alaska way back when. We don't hear cries of land robbery coming from them. This is something every Mexican has been told to complain about. I believe that they are put through rehursals by their government before the government sends them here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

think the focus on the border is a distraction to the bigger issues," Simonson said.
    Wright said the increase in illegal immigration is due to lack of control at the border, which is why the Minuteman
    I think the biggest distraction to the war on illegal immigration is the war on Iraq.
    Has anybody wondered how you can get so many people together in a town hall meeting at the Hillary and Obama open forums and nobody will bring up illegal immigraton,and if they do we hear about the comprhensive plan but no one will stand up and tell these people you are not listening to the people,this is not what the majority of people in this country.
    Or you get congressman/women on c-span and the people calling in will not tell these people what they expect when it comes to immigration policy.
    IT BAFFLES ME!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Hello America, friends and neighbors. I just stopped in to tell you I'm ignorant.

Elmer Maestas, an Albuquerque resident of 15 years, said the debate lacked important considerations to the history of the United States and Mexico.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)