Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration law cutting into Hispanic hires

The thing that struck me about this article is that these attorney's are HEARING these things and taking phone calls. No documentation, just assumptions based on hearsay and printed in the newspaper. I think this is bad, biased reporting and a misleading article.

Friday, April 30, 2010, 5:00am MST | Modified: Friday, April 30, 2010, 6:00am
    Immigration law cutting into Hispanic hires
    Phoenix Business Journal - by Mike Sunnucks

Arizona’s new immigration law — combined with the existing employer sanctions law — is prompting more employers to eschew hiring Hispanic workers for fear of running into trouble.

The result could propel more discrimination claims for Hispanic workers who feel unfairly treated on the job.

Local labor and employment attorneys say they are increasingly seeing the trend of businesses opting to not to hire Latinos or laying Hispanic workers off, even if they are U.S. citizens or have legal status.

“We have heard of employers who have questioned whether Hispanic workers should be resubmitted through the current e-verify system in response to this legislation. This is exactly the type of response that is ill-advised and could land employers in hot water,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Phoenix Attorney Mary Jo O’Neil said she also is seeing more discrimination complaints and calls from Hispanic workers and those claiming unfair treatment because of their national origin.
    Really? How many of those calls are from hispanics who don't have valid ID (verified AZ driver licenses and verified SS numbers that aren't being used by multiple people)?

When I took my elderly mother to get her non-driver ID at the NJ DMV, she had to present her naturalization papers, SS card along with a utility bill. The DMV clerks were able to ascertain that the ID matched and belonged to her. My mother is very white and is bi-lingual, but does not speak English (I've always been her interpreter aka free). The request for ID was made before she opened her mouth. They didn't suddenly ask her to provide the ID after hearing her speak. How was she "profiled"?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

This is utter fabricated BS!!!!!