Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is the Immigration and Reform Control Act of '86 enforceable

Is the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986 enforceable?
    23 comments
    December 23, 5:53 PM
    by Kari D'Ottavio, Colorado Immigration Examiner

While there is no doubt that many illegals work long hours at dirty and dangerous jobs, it is low wages, not the type of job, that American workers reject. For many American businesses, employing illegal aliens at wages so low citizens could not afford to take the job is great for profits and shareholders, explaining why businesses, from meat-packing to landscaping to construction, hire illegal immigrants. Companies are rarely punished for this.

For nearly 20 years, it has been a crime to hire illegal aliens. Congress passed the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986, which provided that employers could be fined up to $10,000 for every illegal worker they hired, and repeat offenders could be sent to jail. When President Reagan signed the act, he called the sanction the "keystone" of the law by removing the incentive for illegal immigration, the elimination of job opportunities that draws illegals to the United States. Making it a crime to hire an illegal worker was seen as a dramatic step.

Unfortunately, no one was responsible for enforcing the law. Between 1999-2003, work-site enforcement operations were scaled back 95 percent by the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS), which subsequently was merged into the Department of Homeland Security. The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing illegal immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000.

http://tinyurl.com/8nzvlr

Oh the comments, the comments. Sorry I can't help but laugh at this one. Read this one-it really shows how clueless the OBL's are:

Virginian Russian: Statement??? Which statement, well here is mine statement, : Why u keep saying that immigrants take our jobs, which jobs?? the jobs u don't wanna work?? The jobs u can't afford 3 meals a day??? The jobs u can't fit in cause u r fat or dumb, or lazy??? Or maybe ya'll dreaming about cleaning floors and restrooms in supermarkets, where ya'll "original" Americans spent most of the time eating burgers??? Or maybe construction job?? Hey, snowflake, u making my sneakers laugh... Americans can't do construction job, only chosen ones, usually Irish, second generation, or children of immigrants, but not u!! U guys, well I hope, I really do hope, that ya'll pay for slavery, and I mean it!!! Seriously, me white also, but my grandparents are not the EX KKK members, so GOOD LUCK to you, Americans. But we " immigrants " , the actual work force of this country, we'll be here!!! I'm telling u doug, that's how we do down south baby...
    December 25, 3:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    Oh the comments, the comments. Sorry I can't help but laugh at this one. Read this one-it really shows how clueless the OBL's are:

Virginian Russian: Statement??? Which statement, well here is mine statement, : Why u keep saying that immigrants take our jobs, which jobs?? the jobs u don't wanna work?? The jobs u can't afford 3 meals a day??? The jobs u can't fit in cause u r fat or dumb, or lazy??? Or maybe ya'll dreaming about cleaning floors and restrooms in supermarkets, where ya'll "original" Americans spent most of the time eating burgers??? Or maybe construction job?? Hey, snowflake, u making my sneakers laugh... Americans can't do construction job, only chosen ones, usually Irish, second generation, or children of immigrants, but not u!! U guys, well I hope, I really do hope, that ya'll pay for slavery, and I mean it!!! Seriously, me white also, but my grandparents are not the EX KKK members, so GOOD LUCK to you, Americans. But we " immigrants " , the actual work force of this country, we'll be here!!! I'm telling u doug, that's how we do down south baby...
    December 25, 3:14 PM

Quite the intellectual too

Yes great comments at the link!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)