Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Reform to Make I.A.'s Eligible for Healthcare?

"The health care reform plan approved by three House committees makes legal permanent residents eligible for federal subsidies to buy health insurance even though illegal aliens are not."

Hoyer Won't Answer Directly Whether Immigration Reform Would Make Current Illegal Aliens Eligible for Federally Subsidized Health Insurance Under Obamacare

Wednesday, September 16, 2009
    By Matt Cover

(CNSNews.com) – House Majority Leader Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) intimated that if comprehensive immigration reform is passed, it could provide a method for immigrants currently living illegally in the U.S. to get federally subsidized health care.

Hoyer, speaking at his weekly press briefing Tuesday, was asked by CNSNews.com whether creating a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens--a key part of comprehensive reform--would mean that currently-illegal aliens would become eligible for federal health care subsidies under the health-care reform plan.

Hoyer did not answer directly, saying instead that it was equally true that illegal aliens could return home and re-emigrate legally to become eligible for insurance subsidies:

CNSNews.com: You’ve indicated your support for a pathway to citizenship as part of comprehensive immigration reform. If that comprehensive reform is passed--with that pathway--isn’t it true that people who are now here illegally would be eligible for federal subsidies, when health care gets passed?

Rep. Steny Hoyer, House Majority Leader: It’s also true that if they went back home and were authorized to come in and were here legally (they would be eligible.) There’s all sorts of ‘ifs’ that you could hypothesize.

Hoyer pointed out that under the House’s version of health-care reform, illegal aliens are barred from receiving health subsidies.

“The bottom line is, though, that the bill makes it perfectly clear that under the bill those who are not here (legally) and those who are not authorized to be here cannot benefit from this particular legislation.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BUL%^&T!
    Hoyer did not answer directly, saying instead that it was equally true that illegal aliens could return home and re-emigrate legally to become eligible for insurance subsidies
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Why would we, and why do we, keep letting people in who can not support themselves, and then lay out the red carpet for free services and benefits at such costs to the American people?

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    BUL%^&T!
    Hoyer did not answer directly, saying instead that it was equally true that illegal aliens could return home and re-emigrate legally to become eligible for insurance subsidies
    I'll second that emotion!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Straightalk, this ain't. Hopefully, Hoyer does not think we are that stupid to appreciate every soundbyte a politician throws at us even if it has nothing to do with the topic. Evasion at its stupidest.