Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Releases Gomez and Family

I hope history repeats itself and the final answer is no.

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_213091015.html

Immigration Releases Juan Gomez And His Family
    Click Here To Read Letter To President Bush

David Sutta
    Reporting

(CBS4) WASHINGTON Two brothers and their Colombian family were released from a detention center in Deerfield after hundreds of teens created a campaign in Washington to stop the deportation of the Killian High School graduates this week. However, the victory is only temporary.

This represents a partial victory for ten teens who waged a battle on Capitol Hill to save their fellow high school classmate, Juan Gomez, from being deported to his native Colombia.

Wednesday afternoon, Immigration and Customs Enforcement granted a 45-day reprieve to Gomez and his brother Alex. Later, immigration advocate Cheryl Little confirmed that their parents were being released as well.

The young men were released in the evening from the transitional facility in Deerfield Beach, and they gave a very brief thanks to those who helped with their cause.

"I would like to thank everyone in the media for the continued support," said Juan Gomez in a brief conference. "I would like to thank my friends of course. They are superheros among students. They are just incredible, my teachers, one who is now in Washington."

He also thanked the Immigrant Advocacy Center and his attorneys and congress.

The Gomez family was taken into custody by immigration officials last week for violating their visa stay. A deportation order was issued five years ago, but the family decided to stay in the U.S. rather than return to Colombia.

In Washington, the students were overjoyed after meeting with staffers to Senator Bill Nelson. One said, "I just can't wait to give Juan a hug". Another fellow student that this was all worth it.

For the last two days, members of the Save Juan Campaign have appealed to members of Congress to pass two bills that would halt the deportation of Juan and his family.

Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who invited the ten teens who formed the Save Juan Campaign to Washington DC to fight for their friend, admits it’s a long shot but she's proud of them for their efforts.

Tuesday, the teens met with a number of congressional leaders to ask for their support in passing two bills that would allow Killian Senior High graduate 18-year old Juan Gomez, his brother Alex, and their parents to stay in the U.S.

Juan, who was college bound, graduated at the top of his high school class. His friends say he and his family should be allowed to stay. They hope passage of the Dream Act will allow students who came to the U.S. with their parents be allowed to stay here. Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who is a co-sponsor of that bill, said she's doubtful the teens will win their fight.

"Rarely does Congress grant passage of these private bills," said Ros-Lehtinen, "secondly we've asked the federal agencies to stop the deportations, that are going to be difficult too. And thirdly, I had a meeting with President Bush yesterday on an unrelated matter. I handed him a letter signed by Lincoln Diaz Balart, Mario Diaz Balart, and myself asking the president to stop the deportation until Congress gets to look at the Dream Act."

Supporters of the Save Juan Campaign have until Friday to get an immigration subcommittee to hear their pleas. The committee will then have to approve it by two-thirds before it can move forward. After Friday, Congress adjourns for a five week recess.

During the last session, more than 100 so called "private amnesty" bills were filed with Congress on behalf of illegal immigrants. Not one passed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Gomez family was taken into custody by immigration officials last week for violating their visa stay. A deportation order was issued five years ago, but the family decided to stay in the U.S. rather than return to Colombia.
    So they broke the law at least once, and have been effectively fugitives for five years, and we're supposed to have sympathy for them since they "decided" to stay?! What if you or I decided, for example, to not pay our taxes for five years, what do you think would happen?! WE don't get to pick and choose.

If the pols bend and change the rules for an illegal alien family due to a predictable sob story, this will be further proof that there is one set of laws for the elites and their illegal alien servants, and another set of harsher, enforced laws that apply to U.S. middle class sucker citizens.

But it's somewhat reassuring to at least read that the other "private amnesty" bills failed last session. And if there's any justice, this family will be deported. End of story. Don't mean to sound harsh, but this is the way it is (or should be).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Populist wrote:

So they broke the law at least once, and have been effectively fugitives for five years, and we're supposed to have sympathy for them since they "decided" to stay?!
    Haven't you heard - oh, you must have missed the memo, Populist. The longer an illegal alien remains a fugitive, the better their chance of being forgiven of past transgressions.

Basically, the longer you can avoid the law, while continuing to break the law, the better your opportunity of being rewarded for ignoring the law! Just remember, that trick only works if your an illegal alien. I think our government likes to call it, ESTABLISHING ROOTS IN THE COMMUNITY!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We need to call ICE and ask them why they are incapable of enforcing the law and when does the incompetency end. How come Americans are subjected to penalties for breaking the law, and yet there is always some excuse for illegal aliens. An American in court without a drivers license, insurance card, or proof of registration is treated quite differently than an illegal alien in the same situation. An American mother seperated from her children is not treated the same as an illegal alien mother screaming about the seperation from her U.S. born children.

A court watcher in Cleveland, TN was in court yesterday and observed an illegal alien living in the United States for 8 yrs. with 3 children come before Judge Sheridan Randolph. The illegal alien was allegedly released due to the DA's Office arguing that the illegal man had children and had resided in the US for some length of time. Judge Sheridan Randolph is being watched to see how he handles cases that involve illegal aliens. His actions are then reported in local news for the citizens of Bradley County to see how illegal aliens are treated in this now "Sanctuary City." One illegal alien was told he could not drive, then left the court, went outside and DROVE away. Illegal Aliens are having a great life in Cleveland,TN.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This is just WRONG. How long have the American people been banding together and calling for the release of Ramos and Campeon? And yetl they're still in prison.

But these illegal alien CRIMINALS get a reprieve. Just like that. I just don't get it.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

This is all a preview of the things to come. You, all of you American citizens are no longer wanted. Illegals are for big government, nanny state cradle to the grave protection, welfare and socialized medicine.

Our very own government wants us replaced so that they can reign absolute power. How much longer will it take? Why is it, that I pay my taxes, have a great credit score, vote, and am a good citizen that I can't get ANY of my legislators to listen to me? Have any of you asked yourselves that very question? Yet if you're an illegal alien you get the I'll bend over backwards to help you treatment. Why is that? Why is it that non citizens appear to have more rights and privliges than any of us?

Other than national pride, and love of country that I will never renounce my citizenship. Yet you have to step back and look, and say damn, it's pretty nice to be an illegal, all the benefits without the taxes, and politicians willing to aid you in your efforts to break our laws.

How much longer will it take? How much longer will any of you continue to tolerate the gross disobediance of our elected officials?
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    We need to call ICE and ask them why they are incapable of enforcing the law and when does the incompetency end. How come Americans are subjected to penalties for breaking the law, and yet there is always some excuse for illegal aliens. An American in court without a drivers license, insurance card, or proof of registration is treated quite differently than an illegal alien in the same situation. An American mother seperated from her children is not treated the same as an illegal alien mother screaming about the seperation from her U.S. born children.

A court watcher in Cleveland, TN was in court yesterday and observed an illegal alien living in the United States for 8 yrs. with 3 children come before Judge Sheridan Randolph. The illegal alien was allegedly released due to the DA's Office arguing that the illegal man had children and had resided in the US for some length of time. Judge Sheridan Randolph is being watched to see how he handles cases that involve illegal aliens. His actions are then reported in local news for the citizens of Bradley County to see how illegal aliens are treated in this now "Sanctuary City." One illegal alien was told he could not drive, then left the court, went outside and DROVE away. Illegal Aliens are having a great life in Cleveland,TN.

Psalm 91
    We also have a judge that has a double standard for illegals.
    Citizens get their tails kicked... illegals get their tail kissed.
    When you see an illegal's name in the court section our local paper, one of these rulings usually follows it.
    financial responsibility (liability insurance) - dismissed, No drivers license - dismissed, No registration - dismissed, or the fine of $5 and court costs...
    Our town is about 75 miles south of Cleveland, TN.
    The local citizenry is getting VERY tired of this asinine illegal wrist slapping!