Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Intent Is to Adopt Ca. Policy That Ignores US Immigration La

http://chronwatch.com/content/contentDi ... ?aid=14930

SB60: The Intent Is to Adopt California Policy That Ignores U.S.
    Immigration Laws

Written by Tom McClintock
    Saturday, June 04, 2005

Let’s make one thing very clear from the outset. The new federal law DOES NOT require states to give driving-only driver’s licenses to foreign nationals illegally in this country. The new federal law DOES NOT in any way sanction states that do not give driving-only driver’s licenses to foreign nationals illegally in this country.

This bill does many other things that are NOT required by federal law:

California currently requires every applicant for a driver’s license to prove they are legally in this country. THIS BILL REPEALS THAT LAW.

California currently makes it a misdemeanor to assist an illegal alien in obtaining a driver’s license. THIS BILL REPEALS THAT LAW.

Not only are these provisions NOT required by federal law, they are a radical departure from state law.

So what is the point of this bill? California already recognizes a valid foreign driver’s license as proof of competence to operate a motor vehicle in this state. So it is not about training.

Automobile insurance is already available to any foreign national travelling in the United States. In fact, if I were to travel to Mexico as a foreign national, I would be subject to severe requirements for automobile insurance. If the author were really concerned about this issue, he would be proposing reciprocal requirements for Mexican nationals travelling in the United States.

So here is the fine point of it. The purpose of this measure and its predecessors is to make a very strong statement that it is the official policy of this state to ignore our nation’s immigration laws.

Those laws require a foreign national illegally in the United States to be deported. There is nothing radical or unusual about this. Every other nation in the world has immigration laws. The difference is that every other nation in the world enforces them.

By extending official state documents to illegal aliens, we are accommodating them in their violation of federal immigration law. We are adopting an official policy that this state will simply turn a blind eye to violations of those laws.

If it comes to that, we might as well repeal our immigration laws as meaningless vestiges of bygone days when this nation actually valued its sovereignty and independence.

About the Writer: Senator Tom McClintock of Thousand Oaks represents California's 19th Senatorial District. He was a candidate for governor in the recall election of 2003.

It's very clear to me that this bill about illegals is illegal!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sounds ILLEGAL to me also.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    Sounds ILLEGAL to me also.
    So was the Real ID Act, but that didnt stop it....
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

JP--we'll repeal the REAL ID ACT, OK?

WE decide what happens here. We can change our mind and repeal any damn law we want to!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    JP--we'll repeal the REAL ID ACT, OK?

WE decide what happens here. We can change our mind and repeal any damn law we want to!!
    I hope you are correct.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Yes, I am correct on that. Congress can repeal any law it passes that WE want them to whenever we want them to.

That is our law.