Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Intruder Killed In Burglary, By One of Twenty Occupants

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Hines & David Schulte, The Tulsa World (click banner below)

Intruder killed in burglary attempt
    A homeowner heard the break-in and shot one of three invaders.

KELLY HINES and DAVID SCHULTE, World Staff Writers, 12/24/2008 2:38 AM

A Tulsa homeowner shot and killed a teenager who was breaking into his house early Tuesday, police said. Shortly before 3 a.m., three people broke into a home in the 1300 block of North Irvington Avenue, Tulsa Police Cpl. Mark Shelton said. Many of the 15 to 20 occupants were awake, including the home- owner, who heard the break-in and got his gun.

Two of the suspected burglars, including one who was armed, were moving through the house when they encountered the homeowner, Shelton said. Gunfire was exchanged. The homeowner shot one of the intruders twice in the chest, and the homeowner's wife was shot in the abdomen. The wounded intruder, Cody Ray Payne, 15, left the house but died in the front yard, police said. The homeowner's wife was hospitalized but is expected to recover. The other two suspected burglars ran from the house and were not found, Shelton said. They were described as black, in their late teens and wearing hooded sweatshirts and dark baggy pants. The victims, a Hispanic family, did not want their names released, said Capt. Ryan Perkins. Hispanic families throughout the city have been a "target of robberies and burglaries" because of a perception among criminals that Hispanics keep large amounts of cash on them or inside their home, Perkins said.

Hispanics also may have been targeted recently because of the perception that they are reluctant to report a crime to police because of state immigration laws, he said. About a month ago, multiple home invasions involving Hispanic victims occurred in north Tulsa, but a group of individuals were recently taken into custody in connection to those crimes. Since then, police have noticed that robberies and burglaries involving Hispanics in north Tulsa have dropped, Perkins said. Anyone with information about the two intruderes who fled on Tuesday can call Crime Stoppers at 596-COPS or can text or e-mail police at tulsaworld.com/crimestoppersemail. The Crime Commission offers rewards for information leading to arrests, and those reporting information can remain anonymous. Source (click here)
    I'd bet these folks were living in conditions that exceed housing standards. And I'd bet many were illegal aliens. I consider reference to these folks as "Hispanics" as obfuscation 'cuz that simply means Spanish speaker. Let's call them Mexicans when that's what they are.
    '58 Airedale

After posting this one, and curious if I was right about housing conditions, I used Google's new "street view" function. Mapping 1300 No Irvington Ave in Tulsa, I found moderately dilapidated, very small homes on a street in decline and adjacent to a rail line. Clearly, 20 occupants in one of these homes is excessive and probably against the law. If the home "owner" was illegal, we wouldn't want him to have a firearm either. I found this photo (click here) quite telling.
    '58 Airedale

Tom,

Good research.

I'm glad these intruders got a warm welcome from the homeowner, but you are right Tom... if the homeowner is an illegal it is a felony for him to possess a gun.

One of the other reasons many illegals are reluctant to report crimes is because they are living with 15 people in one house of which many are engaged in multiple types of crimes themselves.

Same reason drug dealers rarely call the law about things like this.

It is very sad that the man's wife got shot and I hope she will be OK with no permanent disabilities. Getting shot in the stomach area can create lifelong problems.

The only reason two of them probably got away is because the man's wife was hit causing him to stay at her side instead of pursuing the intruders through the house.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The victims, a Hispanic family, did not want their names released, said Capt. Ryan Perkins. Hispanic families throughout the city have been a "target of robberies and burglaries" because of a perception among criminals that Hispanics keep large amounts of cash on them or inside their home, Perkins said.

Hispanics also may have been targeted recently because of the perception that they are reluctant to report a crime to police because of state immigration laws, he said. About a month ago, multiple home invasions involving Hispanic victims occurred in north Tulsa, but a group of individuals were recently taken into custody in connection to those crimes. Since then, police have noticed that robberies and burglaries involving Hispanics in north Tulsa have dropped, Perkins said. Anyone with information about the two intruderes who fled on Tuesday can call Crime Stoppers at 596-COPS or can text or e-mail police at tulsaworld.com/crimestoppersemail. The Crime Commission offers rewards for information leading to arrests, and those reporting information can remain anonymous.
    Why these paragraphs had to be added is beyond me! It's ALL supposition. It's also widely known that ILLEGAL aliens can open bank accounts with their fake ID and/or matricula cards.

Why were they allowed to keep their names anonymous? You know darn well if it had been a black, white or asian family, their names would have been published!

Since the homeowner shot his wife, they'd better ask for his legal status when they arrest him. Does OK have the same "castle law" as Texas? There was no reason for him to use his gun when he had 19 people in the house who could have backed him up.

2 people in ANY house is excessive and illegal. How many of those are kids?

All in all, I hope they do catch those other 2 boys and make them pay for their actions.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

15-20 people in that house! Yea, I would have to say those are single family dwellings.

Dixie