Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

An invasion, not an economic question

An invasion, not an economic question
    By DON SNYDER

Saturday, October 21, 2006 8:19 PM PDT

The Register has done it again. On the front page of the Sept. 28 edition, it has pushed illegal immigration as being necessary for the livelihood of the wine industry, it makes stealing IDs an acceptable practice, and honors management companies for skirting the law.

If ever in my life have I seen a paper stoop so low, this is it. To use the front page for exploiting corruption is at a level that I would expect from Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez.

Let's start with a little horse sense and look at the Constitution. Article IV, section four, states, "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion..." If 11 million illegal aliens don't qualify as an invasion, then we are in real sad shape. Senators Boxer and Feinstein should be tried for treason in their part in the Senate amnesty bill. Local governments have to take action, as did the Hazleton, Pa. City Council. Their Illegal Immigration Relief Act revokes the business licenses of companies that employ illegal immigrants; imposes $1,000 fines on landlords who rent to illegal immigrants, and makes English the official language of the city. This is what Napa should do.

According to the Register article, if illegal immigrants were forced to leave the valley, no one would be available to harvest the grapes and machines would have to be used. You really have to be a total idiot to believe that line of bull. Long before illegal immigration became an issue, grapes were picked and wine was produced. It's simple math: Supply equals demand. If the demand for labor goes down, the price goes down. If the demand for labor goes up, the price goes up. Grape growers are living a good life with cheap labor and sticking the taxpayers with the cost of taking care of the illegal workers.

Los Angeles County Supervisor Mike Antonovich said the financial drain of illegal immigration is "catastrophic," costing Los Angeles County nearly $1 billion annually. Here in Napa, the Mexican drug cartels have moved in. Diseases that were considered nonexistent are now showing up because of illegal entry. The taxpayers have to pay for bulging schools, their free medical care, and extra police to cut the drug gangs. They desecrate the American flag and place it upside-down. Last year, fliers offering free medical exams were passed out in all the schools here with a logo showing the Mexican flag to the left and in front of the American flag. The American flag must appear to the observer's left and in front of any other flag. This shows how little our schools know about America or how much they don't care. Our mayor is also an accomplice for helping the illegal movement bring down our city. Her public cry for amnesty is intended to produce a future voter base of low-skilled workers. With little or no education, these workers know nothing of a constitutional republic. The only thing the workers know is which candidate has a Mexican name. Our government will then be as corrupt as Mexico's.

The Register paints a beautiful picture of an immigrant and lets you believe they are sweet and nice.

You should know that most illegal immigrants do not want to be American; they are here because the Mexican government has forced them out of work. Because of that, they are converting the border states into an extension of Mexico. A sign by Mexican protesters in Southern California reads, "If you think I'm illegal because I'm Mexican, learn the true history, because I'm in my homeland." This is what they teach in Mexico and what they believe here. They refuse to learn English and expect the taxpayers to pay for having everything in Spanish for their convenience.

The Register considers management companies that hire illegal immigrants as doing things the American way. This type of thinking comes from people that continually break the law and thus think it is the norm when others break the law. I am beginning to think someone higher up in the Register management is a Council of Foreign Relations member. The CFR, with President Bush as a front man, has launched the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America through the commerce department without Congressional approval. The result is a union with Mexico and Canada with no borders, similar to the EU. As planned, the CFR is using its membership to promote open borders so a smooth entry into the union can occur. This is treason, big time.

If the Register wanted a real front-page story about illegal immigration, it should show why the American people are up in arms over this issue. It is an invasion and should be presented that way.

(Snyder lives in Napa.)

Some great comments at this web site. Post one of your own...
    http://www.napavalleyregister.com/artic ... 628396.txt
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Senator Feinstein is a member of the Trilateral Commission and openly supports this to ensure the success of the North American Union. As for Boxer, she is one of those radical liberals who can't see what's coming.