Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Investigation: Racial Tension Among County Workers

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_ ... 34856.html

clock Mar 17, 2006 9:46 pm US/Mountain
    Investigation: Racial Tension Among County Workers

(AP) LITTLETON, Colo. An investigation that began after an Arapahoe County worker complained about a supervisor's memo concluded that there are racial tensions among road and bridge employees, the county said Friday.

Heavy duty equipment operator Mike Gray received a memo last year criticizing a hat he sometimes wore to work and a sign on his truck. He said that the memo threatened his right to free speech.

The hat said, "U.S. Border Patrol," and the truck had a sign from Gray's landscape business that said "Lawn Services Done With Pride!! By An English Speaking American."

The Mountain States Employers Council investigated and found that several employees reported overhearing racial comments made at work or on CB radios by road and bridge employees. Others said they felt intimidated by co-workers in the lounge area of the Road and Bridge shop.

County commissioners said they felt the supervisor's memo was intended to diffuse problems at the road and bridge division, not infringe on free speech.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is reaching a boiling point with people, I really believe there will be riots in the streets, probably will start in California...then spread like wildfire.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

This is reaching a boiling point with people, I really believe there will be riots in the streets,
    I just spoke with a man the other day who works for a construction company out of Charlotte, NC. He was raising cain about the illegals working on the same crew that he works on. Due to the fact that the illegals do not speak English, the man nearly fell 2 storys from some scaffolding, because the illegal did not understand the man when he told him not to be stepping on the boards the way he was doing. He said the illegal nearly sent him flying off the scaffold and onto the pavement below. This man was FURIOUS! He was on his lunch break at the time and he told me that when he got back to the office that evening to take the work truck back, he was telling his employer, "You either hire English speaking Americans, or I will own this company when I get seriously hurt because you hire illegals who don't understand my orders, and they end up getting me hurt! This guy was a crew foreman who said he had no control over the company hiring illegals and he did not like it. I did not get the guy's name or the name of his company, I was in a hurry to get to school. Now, I wish I had took the time to get those things so I could catch back up with him to find out what happened. This man was serious, no doubt! Which reminds me, several years ago, my younger brother took a job in Conover, NC with a construction crew and there were numerous illegals there on the job. My brother's new boss gave him a "Learn to Speak Spanish" book and told him that he needed to study that book at night in order to communicate with the illegal employees the company hires. Needless to say, my brother told him where to put his Spanish book, walked off the job and went to work for my other brother, who refuses to hire illegals. I may need to turn that company into "Wehirealiens.com". I had forgotten about them People are getting seriously pissed around here(in my neck of the woods) and are speaking out loudly about it, just like the man I ran into into Arby's the other day. Believe me folks, everyone in the place heard this man, he was FURIOUS!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"