Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    now my two guys from dallas think they are going up to talk about the caucus and nothing else. i dont know if they knew this had to do with CAIR.

they said that some candidates have agreed to appear. but all i heard so far was thompson.
    "James" are they talking about illegal immigration?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

i dont know. the des moines article that started this. when i went to their home page it said that this was sponsored by CAIR.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    i dont know. the des moines article that started this. when i went to their home page it said that this was sponsored by CAIR.
    Its not CAIR it is FAIR.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I here by declare these groups anti-American hate groups.....

ACLU
    LULAC
    LA RAZA
    MECHA
    The Chamber of Commerence
    Pew Hispanic Center
    All religous organizations aiding and abetting illegal aliens
    Bush and co.
    Most Demacrates especially Reid and Pelosi

Who did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I here by declare these groups anti-American hate groups.....

ACLU
    LULAC
    LA RAZA
    MECHA
    The Chamber of Commerence
    Pew Hispanic Center
    All religous organizations aiding and abetting illegal aliens
    Bush and co.
    Most Demacrates especially Reid and Pelosi

Who did I miss?

Southern Poverty Law Center

oops your right, it is Fair, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by ourcountrynottheirs
    Immigrant rights advocates say FAIR has poisoned the atmosphere for debate by taking a hard anti-immigrant line.
    They don't want to debate. They want open borders and amnesty. Anything short of that makes you a racist and bigot. That sums it up pretty well...

Heard on Rogers' show he will actually be on for 4 hrs the next two days:
    Roger Hedgecock, KOGO-AM, San Diego. (5P-9P Central time time www.Kogo.com)
    And his show will also be broadcasted the same time at:
    http://www.kfiam640.com/main.html
    (usually John and Ken are on during that time but they are on vacation and asked if Roger's show could be in their time slot.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Published: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 10:06 PM CST

Immigrant-rights groups critical of upcoming radio event

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Immigrant-rights groups are criticizing the organizers of an upcoming radio event that will promote a crackdown on illegal immigration.

The groups accuse the Federation for American Immigration Reform of endorsing bigotry and racism. FAIR is sponsoring a broadcast marathon for Thursday and Friday in a downtown Des Moines hotel. The event is expected to attract 22 radio talk show hosts from across the country to discuss immigration.

``We don't agree with their views that are demonizing immigrants, and we don't appreciate their coming to Iowa telling us what we should think about immigrants,'' said Alicia Claypool, chairwoman of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission.

Dan Stein, president of FAIR, said his group is being demonized. ``They're trying to discredit an entire side of the debate,'' Stein said.

FAIR held a similar radio event last spring in Washington that it claims influenced the U.S. Senate's defeat of a bill that would have created a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

FAIR placed an advertisement last week in The Des Moines Register taking note of the defeated legislation and promoting the upcoming marathon. ``Earlier this year, talk radio shook things up in Washington and helped stop an amnesty for illegal aliens,'' the ad stated.

Critics have said FAIR's hard anti-immigrant line has discouraged a fair debate. They note that the Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil rights organization, recently added FAIR to its list of hate groups operating in the United States.

Stein said the law center's report contains ``serious fabrications. ... It's absolutely defamatory.''

FAIR's Web site says the group advocates for improved border security, an end to illegal immigration, and immigration levels ``consistent with more traditional rates of about 300,000 a year.''

The Center for New Community, a Chicago-based immigrant rights advocacy group, disagrees with FAIR's purpose and encourages the hotel to cancel the event. The Rev. David Ostendorf, the center's executive director, said hotels and other places ``have no obligation to provide a platform for hate speech.''

Stein accused critics of the planned broadcasts of trying to obstruct free speech ``and people's right to be heard on public policy issues.''

www.globegazette.com
    Last edited by Jean; 08-18-2013 at 10:23 PM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

bump it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234