Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JAILED FOR DOING THEIR JOBS

http://sierratimes.com/06/12/27/nuggets.htm

JAILED FOR DOING THEIR JOBS: Two Border Patrol agents are going to prison for simply doing their jobs. They intercepted, stopped, and confiscated 743 pounds of marijuana. Then the smuggler, one Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila, scuffled with them and scampered off in the direction of the border. They took a few shots at him, one of them connected with his butt. But undeterred, he continued to scamper, and made it back to Mexico. The agents routinely made their report and turned in the contraband. But they forgot to report the gunshots. Also, it seems the "rules of engagement" don't allow them to chase offenders. Imagine that! Cops who can't chase bad guys! As expected, EVERYBODY runs from the Border Patrol (Except for a little, 6-year-old Cuban guy they took at gunpoint in Janet Reno's day and sent back to Castro's "island prison") Even so, it doesn't seem to be an "offense" that requires more that ten years in prison and the ruination of their careers. Seems more like a five-day suspension and a letter in their files for "forgetting" the gunshots they didn't even know scored. But the Homeland Security agent didn't see it that way. He (or she) gave Davila complete immunity in return for his testimony to "get" the cops.

Is there any evidence the bullet in his rump came from their guns? What about his claim they had no right to stop him? And most important, how STUPID is a rule that does not allow them to chase people? What bird-brain set THAT up? Probably some stupid bureaucrat (a redundancy, that) who has never been in the field and thus knows nothing of how things are out there. Then there's the "double-stupid" Homeland Security bureaucrat who decided to go after the "good guys" instead of the criminal. Anyway you look at it, there are two good cops going to prison for 10 and 11 years for a minor paper violation that COULD have been handled "in office" without ruining their lives and careers. Frankly, if I were a Border Patrol agent, I'd resign in disgust instead of trying to do my job under these conditions, and I recommend that action for all of them. Maybe that would "wake up" these stupid bureaucrats. But reality tells me there'll be a line outside to fill their jobs -- and half of the people in it will be illegals (And don't give me a hard time for calling them "illegals." I don't subscribe to "political correctness." I say it the way it IS.) (Real Clear Politics, 8/26/06) [Posted 12/27/06]

phone call time
    202-456-1111

we should not stop calling this number until these two are out of jail.
    the nerve of this jacka$$ presidentto give 6 people in prison for drug crimes pardons and notgive these two. how stupid can this man be?

wait... dont answer that, im not sure i want to know

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    phone call time
    202-456-1111

we should not stop calling this number until these two are out of jail.
    the nerve of this jacka$$ presidentto give 6 people in prison for drug crimes pardons and notgive these two. how stupid can this man be?

wait... dont answer that, im not sure i want to know
    It's not stupidity, it's treason...

Bush wants to weaken our borders.