JANET NAPOLITANO'S COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM

By Michael Cutler
November 14, 2009
NewsWithViews.com

Comprehensive Immigration Reform is now the goal of the administration as clearly articulated by Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano!

Two years ago when I wrote a commentary for the Washington Times in an Op-Ed piece entitled, Immigration Bill a 'No Go' I stated that a truly descriptive name for that piece of legislative rubbish would not be "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" but should be the "Terrorist Assistance and Facilitation Act!"

You can read my Op-Ed here. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 ... -go/print/

About three years ago I testified before the House Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Claims on the national security implications of Comprehensive Immigration Reform. You can see a video of a segment of that hearing here. http://tinyurl.com/yhaa3fk

As I have noted in previous commentaries, Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama quoted from my commentary on three separate occasions during the floor debate in the United States Senate. When the Senate attempted to ram this travesty down the throats of our citizens they responded and, in record numbers, made so many phone calls to the United States Senate that the switchboard was so overloaded that it shut down! I would like to think that I helped to encourage at least some of those phone calls, on the morning of the vote in the Senate the Fox Radio Network invited me to be a guest on more than a dozen radio shows and other radio programs as well asked me, on that day to be on their programs. In each appearance on what turned out to be more than 15 radio broadcasts I urged Americans to call their respective members of Congress to express their opposition to that massive amnesty program that would have done, in my judgement, irreparable harm to national security and create many other problems for our nation as well.

Today I think we should add an additional name to this fatally flawed legislation- it should be called the "Freddy Krueger Act" because no matter how many times the citizens of our nation make it clear that they are opposed to providing illegal aliens with lawful status, our nation's leaders insist on attempting to force it on us against our will. So much for the concept of "Government of the people, by the people and for the people!"

I have many reasons for opposing Comprehensive Immigration Reform but let me start out with my number one reason:

When you are dealing with illegal aliens there is no way of easily knowing who they are. There is no verifiable way of knowing their true names or even their true nationalities. Therefore there is no readily available means for determining if these aliens have criminal histories in other countries or if they are fugitives wanted for serious crimes in other countries. This means that we also have no reliable way of knowing who they are affiliated with or what their true intentions are in coming to our country. Finally, is this is also extremely important to realize, if we are dealing with aliens who ran our nation's borders, not only are their fingerprints not on file which relates back to the problems I noted above, there would also not be any way of knowing how long these illegal aliens have been in the United States.

These issues are not being addressed by Ms Napolitano. Consider this paragraph from her statement: http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/speeches/sp_1258123461050.shtm

"Let me be clear: when I talk about “immigration reform,â€