Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Jeb Bush: I Can ‘Persuade’ Conservatives on Amnesty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeb Bush: I Can ‘Persuade’ Conservatives on Amnesty

by Tony Lee18 Dec 2014

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush believes he can “persuade” conservatives to support comprehensive amnesty legislation during a potential 2016 presidential campaign.

In the second part of his interview with a local Florida television station this week, Bush was asked about the “immigration issue” and whether he could “get through the primary” with his pro-amnesty positions. Bush replied to NBC 6 in Florida that “a candidate gets to persuade.”

“I think there’s a compelling case that, if we want to be young and dynamic again, we have to make legal immigration easier than illegal immigration, that we control our borders, enforce the laws, but that we embrace our immigrant heritage and allow our country to take off. You gotta do both,” he added. “You gotta protect the borders, enforce the law, be respectful of the rule of law, and at the same time be able to encourage young aspirational people to come to our country. It’s a win-win. I have no problems advancing that idea.”

Bush, who earlier declared that a Republican must be willing to “lose the primary” in order to win the general election, announced this week that he is “actively exploring” a potential presidential campaign. Aware that his positions on immigration and Common Core will be significant hurdles, Bush seems intent on doubling down on his moderate positions instead of flip-flopping and coming off as a phony.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...es-on-amnesty/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This was at the link in the comments..

“You gotta protect the borders, enforce the law, be respectful of the rule of law, and at the same time be able to encourage young aspirational people to come to our country. It’s a win-win. I have no problems advancing that idea.”

Hey Jeb, we already have more young aspirational citizens in our country than we have jobs to employ them or money to fund their aspirations. We don't even have enough resources and opportunities to enable every citizen who wants to go to college access to do so. But I'm sure you already know this and have "no problems advancing that", because that's all your doing with your "comprehensive immigration reform" mantra.
    Last edited by Judy; 12-20-2014 at 02:08 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

...., be respectful of the rule of law,...". I take that to mean we are to shut up after they ass more amnesty laws. If I shut up it will e because I've decided to let my equipment do the talking!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    ...., be respectful of the rule of law,...". I take that to mean we are to shut up after they ass more amnesty laws. If I shut up it will e because I've decided to let my equipment do the talking!
    HA! Good one!

A Bush being "respectful of the rule of law", just means being polite as you ignore it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

He is just kidding right, not in a million zillion years Jebby boy, go home and stop wasting our time already.