Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeb Bush speaks out against Ariz. law

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is speaking out against the new hard-line immigration law in Arizona, becoming the first prominent national Republican to do so.

"I think it creates unintended consequences," he said in a telephone interview with POLITICO Tuesday. "It's difficult for me to imagine how you're going to enforce this law. It places a significant burden on local law enforcement and you have civil liberties issues that are significant as well."

The measure, signed into law last Friday, would require police to check the immigration status of any individuals they reasonably suspect are illegal immigrants and arrest them if they can't prove legal status.

Bush said he understood the anger that prompted the bill, but that immigration should remain a federal issue.

"I don't think this is the proper approach," he said.

The former governor recounted how, after he gave a speech Monday night in California, he was approached by a Hispanic man who was concerned about the measure leading to racial profiling and unfair targeting of Latinos.

"He said, 'My parents live here, my grandparents live here — I'm Mexican-American,'" Bush recalled, adding that the man said, "'I could be picked up.'"

Like his brother the former president, Bush is a supporter of comprehensive immigration reform. He said the new law underscores the necessity for such federal legislation — what he called "an opportunity not a problem." On Thursday, Bush will join other conservative leaders on an open-press conference call to renew the push for the stalled legislation.

Bush's comments came on the same day that former Florida Speaker and Senate candidate Marco Rubio also came out in opposition to the Arizona law.

Rubio, whose parents were Cuban immigrants, said the legislation could "unreasonably single out people who are here legally, including many American citizens."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/36427.html

Of course a Bush is for ignoring the law.....it's the Bush way!!
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    GRAND MEGA RINO ~ AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE AMERICA

JUST LIKE McCAIN

TAKE IT FROM FLORIDA ~ YOU DONT WANT HIM NEAR POLITICAL OFFICE AGAIN
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush lap dog slurp & burp

Now, where is my calendar to make a red letter day 'cause Jeb Bush has spoken...oh wise one... ... oh for a chance at the White House number three? Dream on.

Ha Ha! (I meant white house!!!) Dreams of his father ofcourse!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

I had hoped the Bush dynasty was over.

I do not have the least interest in Jeb's position. He is setting up a future move for his son George P. to run for office. George P is half Latino and campaigned for GW. He had special appeal to Latino voters.The Bush's interest is for self aggrandizement , not for America.

Nor do I hold it against George P that he is Latino-I just do not trust him to be a good citizen for America. His allegiance is to his ethnic heritage.

RELATED

REPUBLICANS TO PUSH AMNESTY (Just like Obama)

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-192736.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

hey Jeb, i got a one finger salute for ya... can you guess which one

All of the Bush Politicians are Pro-ILLEGAL, Pro-Blanket Amnesty, and Open Borders advocates!

Hey Bush face, take your brother and your father and go jump of the new world order cliff ya bunch of traitors. Y'all should be ashamed of each other, God knows we are!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)