Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PENDING POST

Skip wrote :

Edward Sifuentes is the most biased and unprofessional writer that the NCT has to offer. I can usually pick out his stories just by reading the title. If you want to read a resl story regarding Illegal Aliens that is based of fact, and not on an Open Border's Agenda, then read the following: Drug trafficking No.1 issue for gang task force http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02 ... _10_07.txt

Comments On This Story

Suzette wrote on February 17, 2007 9:31 AM:"Nice title for the article but it sure is the wrong title. The minutemen are not fighting immigration they are attacking immigrants. There is a big difference in what they say they are doing and what they are actually doing. There is a big difference in what they started out doing and what they are doing now. They are just bullies and thugs in the business of hurting people how on earth can this be fighting immigration?"

ds wrote on February 17, 2007 10:38 AM:"This is the problem with the minuteman movement as a whole. They pick a benign and important purpose -- like fighting illegal immigration -- and use that as a public cover for the racist, hateful things they do when they think the public isn't watching. Well the public is watching, Jeff, and anyone who cares about the cause should be ashamed that you have soiled it so with your hateful e-mails, language and behavior. I'm all for fighting illegal immigration, but not with the minutemen. They make the movement look bad, and they should get out of town. "

Please read the Constitution closely wrote on February 17, 2007 6:17 PM:"Respond to –“ To CaliGal” You appear to quote the Constitution very broadly so tell me what article and section you are making reference to specifically? If it is the 14th Amendment what part and please be unequivocal? I am sorry but you say that "illegal" or not cannot be touched by law enforcement.” The duty of the police is to bring peace, law and order but not harm. I am sorry but this statement does not exist under the UNITED STATES CONSTITUION, you appear to be twisting and stretching the, “equal protection” that protects natural humans from HARM and injury by others. The civil rights movement based on segregation, lynching, slavery, and inequality and so forth is a perfect example of what the constitution was referencing to and please don’t try to confuse the two because they are not the same. "

CaliGal wrote on February 17, 2007 7:20 PM:"Illegal aliens knew they would be violating the law even before they made the decision to come north. This knowledge made no difference as they made their choice between a legal and illegal entry process. They are criminals and they do not enjoy the same rights as do American citizens. The Constitution was written for the benefit of America and Americans and does not apply to foreign aliens. The U.S. has been invaded by millions of non-citizens and they are destroying the American way of life. They break into our country and then demand that they be given rights like those of U.S.citizens. Rights? They're illegal aliens. They're non-citizens, the only "right" they are entitled to is safe passage back to their own countries. "

One if by Land wrote on February 17, 2007 8:43 PM:"Thanks to best selling books by Lou Dobbs Pat Buchanan-State of Emergency Peter Brimelow - Alien Nation Victor Davis Hanson-Mexifornia Georgie Anne Geyer-Americans No More Tom Tancredo- In Mortal Danger Jim Gilchrist- Minutemen We all now know what "La Raza" means and what the "A" in MEChA stands for. People who choose their" Race" or their"People" over CITIZENSHIP are the real racists. "

Butch63 wrote on February 17, 2007 9:00 PM:"I wish the so called Minutemen would choose another name. Maybe like the CLANSMEN. The Minutemen were colonist that gathered to defeat the British and establish the USA. This group is nothing but a bunch of bigots going after Mexicans. IF the "The Minutemen" want to stop illegal immigration go after the corporations that hire them!"

Butch63 wrote on February 17, 2007 9:54 PM:"Geez CaliGal, Why are you so hateful? These "Illegal aliens" as you refer to them are just trying to better their lives. A lot of then have green cards and can legally work here. The "Minutemen" are a bunch of bullies looking to relive their childhoods when they were the "kings"(or queens) of the playground."

To the commentor
    of February 17, 2007 6:17 PM:" wrote on February 17, 2007 10:37 PM:"I am just wondering what land you live in if you actually believe your statement that "The duty of the police is to bring peace, law and order but not harm/" Truly you do not live in Vista!!!! We have hard core law enforcement officers who rather than bring peace into a situation they incite havoc into a situation. They shoot to kill and use Gestapo tactics so please save the rhetoric about the cops being the good guys. I think you have watched one too many episodes of CSI Miami."

Hey Bob wrote on February 17, 2007 10:43 PM:"For every dollar that is sent to Mexico 4 dollars are spent here in the USA I think it is time that we all stop and recognize the contributions made by those who you all wish to call "illegal". Our economy would crumble without their 92 Billion dollars, I think the stats quoted here are a bit exaggerated but isn't that what you all do best?"

Jimbo
    wrote on February 17, 2007 11:38 PM:"Simply put. Anyone who thinks illegal immigration is good for the US is either not very intelligent or is anti-American as far as I'm concerned. If you want to help these people, go protest in Mexico for human rights. Help start a revolution that would bring Mexico to better living standrads. I would even support that by donating if I saw a clear promising plan. By allowing uneductated, impoverished people coming through unchecked brings nothing but negative consequences. Crime, lower quality of education, strained social services, etc, etc. We all know this. Now you can remind me of the produce pickers. I know. "

Is this guy for real??? wrote on February 17, 2007 11:45 PM:"I cannot believe this was actually printed in the newspaper. This guy is trying to hard to sell us a bill of goods. This is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to salvage the reputation of his defunk group. He has destroyed the credibility of his group and has tainted the reputation of this movement. I read this article with interest and all I got out of it were the whining words of a desperate guy who is doing some quick back peddling to continue to peddle his hate and racism cloaked in "I love America" rhetoric. He and his group are now seen as a bunch of crazed out of control lunatics. Too bad because I really thought they would change things and now I am afraid they can't recover from this. This is just PR to try to recover some credibility or maybe he just likes to see his name in print. "

Gary in Murrieta wrote on February 18, 2007 6:59 AM:"For every dollar that is sent to Mexico 4 dollars are spent here in the USA, there are little no taxes collected. The cost of housing, education, and medical care is borne by the American middle-class taxpayers. I would rather pay 50 cents more for a head of lettuce then to subsidize the mass influx of impoverished, uneducated, and non assimilating hordes of illegal Aliens. The only other thing I would add is that the price of lettuce has almost nothing to do with Illegal Aliens."

Just curious!! wrote on February 18, 2007 7:02 AM:"To NCT censor: Why was the comment from Robert wrote on February 17, 2007 6:11 AM posted? "

gary wrote on February 18, 2007 7:06 AM:"A lot of These "Illegal aliens" as you refer to them are just trying to better their lives". That is the problem. There are millions and millions of them. Every night 6,000 new illegal aliens sneak or are smuggled into our country. Surveys have shown that 60% of all Mexico would mover here tomorrow legally or illegally if they could. What about Guatemala, Brazil, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Peru, and all of the other countries that would simply empty out all of their poor and impoverished people if they could. What about China and India, as I am sure that they have a few people there that would also like to have a better life. The numbers are staggering, and those “feel good” people who want to let everyone in, seem to have their heads stuck in the sand when it comes to the reality of our dwindling natural resources, space, gasoline, water, electricity, and infrastructure."

Osider
    wrote on February 18, 2007 9:03 AM:"To Jeff-Your group in nothing more than a modern day KKK recruiting depot. You need to be targeting businesses that hire these illegals rather than picking on the weak. I am against illegal immigration but, the way you go about it does not speak for me. Your group is very small when it comes to percentages of population and will not survive in my city O'side!"

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02 ... _15_07.txt

To : Just Curious

RE : Why was the comment from Robert wrote on February 17, 2007 6:11 AM posted? >>>> It was a counter post to a previous post, which North County Times deemed fit to print. If you read the first Edward Sifuentes story on the San Diego minutemen, then you would know that the term was used in his character attack on Steve Schwilk. The term originally came from E-mails that Edward reported that Steve sent out. If you are having trouble following this account then you should be reading the enquirer. LOL R/ Skip

Comments On This Story

American Vet wrote on February 18, 2007 3:02 PM:"We are Americans! We are not Amexicans. There is no North American Union (at least not yet). I am totally fed up with foreigners, illegally coming into the United States, and then demanding rights. Have you not heard the saying "Familiarity Breeds Contempt"? These people think that because they have been here for awhile, and have great numbers that they can intimidate, threaten, and coerce Americans into getting what they want. I did not vote for this, nor will I ever vote for this. America wake-up!"

To Osider: wrote on February 18, 2007 3:37 PM:"In this kinder, gentler, and politically correct world we live in, nothing is being done. Our government acts like it is paralyzed with fear at offending the Hispanics. Problem is; is that there is a difference between Hispanic Americans and Illegal Aliens, and the liberals and Open Border lobby are blurring the difference, so now we are all confused. To me fear mongering is bringing the KKK or Nazis into the discussion where it does not belong. The Minutemen have a mission, and they have strict guidelines to keep it by the book and legal. The only person in America that I do not have respect for is President George W. Bush when he referred to the Minutemen as vigilantes. If you want to blame someone then blame the Federal Government for letting this problem get so out of hand. We simply cannot absorb 20 million more uneducated, impoverished and desperate Illegal Aliens."

To To Osider wrote on February 19, 2007 8:41 AM:"A video of one of the munutemen intentionally "bumping" into someone is actually a video proof of battery, the only matter is degree, it is that simple. To say that the minutemen obey the law, when there is proof that they are breaking it, is a lie. "

TO: To To Osider wrote on February 19, 2007 12:10 PM:" You are too funny. Here is an actual photo of the event I think you are describing. What ever happened to the charges brought against the minutemen? LOL, because there is none! Meanwhile on the border, the violence is growing every day as our Border security slowly improves. Thousands of people are being hurt and killed by drug runners, bandits, coyotes, and just plain ordinary bad guys. Get real and try not to spin this story too out of control. http://www.nctimes.com/content/articles ... 1_6_06.jpg"

To To To Osider wrote on February 19, 2007 1:04 PM:"An anti-illegal immigration group was attacked and their meeting disrupted when they tried to organize two years ago. The NCTimes reported the story here: http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/09 ... _17_05.txt A group called Gente Unida disrupted a meeting of the Friends of the Border Patrol in Mission Valley on September 17, 2005. A report by Jodi Baker of Fox 6 News shows the video. Go Minutemen! We Americans know who is really trying to intimidate who!"

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02 ... _15_07.txt

Most Commented-On
    Stories This Week

Activists split over new 'Day Without an Immigrant' (141)
    Oceanside councilwoman now opposes Chargers coming to town (107)
    Minutemen fighting illegal immigration (73)
    Internet videos spark debate in Oceanside (66)
    Letters to the Editor - 2/13/2007 (63)
    Letters to the Editor - 2/15/2007 (61)
    Letters to the Editor - 2/15/2007 (5
    Chargers give Marty the boot (56)
    Oceanside residents upset about gang problem (51)
    'Fight club' gang broken up (50)

http://www.nctimes.com/opinion/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12