Mothers Against Illegal Aliens' founder:

Job of illegal immigrants' children is "to dumb down the American children and overpopulate our schools"

During a panel discussion on the May 18 edition of Fox News' Your World with Neil Cavuto, Michelle Dallacroce, the founder of Mothers Against Illegal Aliens, asserted that there is no reason "that we have to have" immigrant women and children in the United States, since there are no jobs for "the women and the children [to] do ... other than their children's job is to dumb down the American children and overpopulate our schools." Dallacroce made her remark in response to a comment by Linda Chavez, president of the Center for Equal Opportunity, who argued that "we need to have an avenue for more people to come legally," because, "[w]e're creating two million jobs a year and we need these people."

As Media Matters for America previously noted, Your World recently aired a segment asking whether the May 1 "Day Without Immigrants" protests were "freedom of expression or economic terrorism."

From the May 18 edition of Fox News' Your World with Neil Cavuto:

DALLACROCE: Well, I drove about three hours this morning just to get an opportunity to deliver about 1,500 e-mails that I have received from mothers and grandmothers and all Americans all in America, ever since I've been on Fox talking about our children, and these are all of them right here -- every single one. And I wasn't having the opportunity to do that and it's very disappointing.

I was actually hoping that -- for the compassion -- for the president to know that I made my way all the way here to deliver this to see that he loved the American children as much as he cares about our neighbors that he cares so much about. And one thing I'd like to have issue with him is that the dignity that he talks about giving to these people, the dignity that he is stripping from the American people and the legal American residents and the legal immigrants that have come to our country is what he's stripping when he talks about the dignity of rewarding illegal aliens by giving them citizenship or a path to it.

CAVUTO: Linda Chavez, what do you think of that? Is he doing that? He says it's not amnesty. I have heard conservatives say it is. What do you think?

CHAVEZ: Well, I think what he's doing is acting in the best interest of the United States. We have a need for labor. People want to come here to work. We have employers who want to hire them. And the problem has been that they've been coming illegally. I think nobody can support the idea of somebody breaking the law and coming in against the law, and that's why we are now going to have a fence across more of the border; we're going to have more border patrol agents to get people who come illegally but we need to have an avenue for more people to come legally. We're creating two million jobs a year and we need these people.

DALLACROCE: Well, I'm -- I have a question. What jobs do the women and the children do that we have to have them here other than their children's job is to dumb down the American children and overpopulate our schools? And until the president starts talking about how these illegal children and women are affecting our country, that's not a comprehensive plan.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200605190012