Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

John McCain: The Geraldo Rivera Republican

January 22, 2008

John McCain: The Geraldo Rivera Republican
    By Michelle Malkin

After spearheading a disastrous, security-undermining illegal alien amnesty bill last year with Teddy Kennedy, "straight-talking" GOP Sen. John McCain claims he has seen the light. In TV appearances, he vows to put immigration enforcement first. On the campaign trail, he offers a perfunctory promise to strengthen border security and emphasizes the need to restore Americans' trust in their government's ability to defend the homeland.

"I got the message," he told voters in South Carolina. "We will secure the borders first."

But how can McCain cure citizens' distrust when his own credibility on the issue remains fatally damaged? He doesn't believe his own election-year spin. And he knows we know it. This is cynicism on steroids with a speedball chaser.

Not all of us have forgotten how the short-fused Arizona senator cursed good-faith opponents in his own party ("F**k you!" and "Chickensh*t" were the choice words he had for Texas GOP Sen. John Cornyn during a spat over enforcement provisions). Not all of us have forgotten that he voted against barring felons from receiving amnesty benefits under his plan. Not all of us have forgotten the underhanded, debate-sabotaging manner in which McCain/Kennedy/Lindsey Graham/Harry Reid conspired to ram their package down voters' throats.

His admission of the shamnesty failure is grudging and bitter. While he now tells conservative voters what they want to hear about the need to build the southern border fence, he takes a contemptuous tone toward physical barriers when talking to businessmen. "By the way, I think the fence is least effective," he told executives in Milwaukee, according to a recent Vanity Fair profile. [Prisoner of Conscience, February 2007]"But I'll build the goddamned fence if they want it." Straight talk? Try hate talk.

For all his supposed newfound enlightenment about what most Americans want—protection against invasion, commitment to the rule of law, meaningful employer sanctions, an end to sanctuary cities, enforcement-by-attrition plus deportation reform, and an end to special illegal alien benefits that invite more law-breaking—The Maverick remains a Geraldo Rivera Republican. Like the ethnocentric cable TV host who can't string a sentence about immigration together without drowning in demagoguery, McCain naturally resorts to open-borders platitudes when pressed for enforcement specifics.

Instead of emphasizing the need for local and state cooperation with federal immigration authorities to prevent the release of illegal alien criminals or discussing 100 percent preventable crimes by illegal alien thugs who should never have been on American soil in the first place, McCain harps on open-borders sob stories. Several times over the past year, in response to citizen questioners who have expressed frustration with the lack of accountability for immigration law-breakers, McCain has responded: "I am not going to call up a soldier and tell him I am deporting his mother. ... I'm not going to do it. You can do it." [McCain Cheered - and Jeered - in Michigan - From The Road, CBS News, January 12, 2008]

But what if that mother had stolen an American citizen's Social Security number to work here illegally? What if she had been previously deported, re-entered illegally, and had been convicted of previous crimes? What if she were part of a human smuggling ring? What if she had been working in a sensitive area—airport security, a military base, a port? Would he still refuse to abide by his constitutional obligation to provide for the common defense and secure the blessings of liberty for law-abiding Americans?

If McCain refuses to enforce immigration law against illegal alien parents of soldiers, what about illegal alien soldiers who used stolen or fake identification to get into the military? And why only illegal alien parents of soldiers? Why not illegal alien parents of police officers, teachers, doctors and store owners? McCain's selective enforcement policy is the exact recipe for immigration anarchy that we have today.

The hothead has succeeded in intimidating voters and eluding tough questions from the press by playing his rhetorical violin. There is a reason so many liberals in the media and the Democratic Party want John McCain to be the GOP presidential nominee. He gives them cover to continue smearing grassroots conservatives.

In Michigan, the illegal alien parent-of-a-soldier story was met with boos. McCain's cheerleaders at The New York Times and other press outlets attempted to depict the detractors as insensitive and racist boors—just as they did during last year's ill-fated shamnesty campaign.

McCain has learned nothing. What about us?
    http://vdare.com/malkin/080122_mccain.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

immigration enforcement first. On the campaign trail, he offers a perfunctory promise to strengthen border security and emphasizes the need to restore Americans' trust in their government's ability to defend the homeland.

I've heard him say this a million times. What he is saying is enforce our borders then give amnesty to all those already here. He feels we don't believe Washington when we give amnesty again and more come. So let's secure borders, then give amnesty to the 40 million already here. He is all smoke and mirrors...I just pray people will read between his lines. He's a traitor, a liar, a magot.... can't think of anything he has ever done good for this country.

Well he will argue he is a war hero, but many argue that is a lie as well..

John McCain certainly HASN'T gotten the message if he believes we just want the border secured first. We, the American people, want our borders secured period with no conditions. No amnesty -- we demand that lawbreaking is not rewarded.

McCain has NO credibility on border security and illegal immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William Gheen

Has William spoken with McCain?

Re: William Gheen

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    Has William spoken with McCain?
    Good question.

Over and over I have heard him say that he heard the people, that they don't trust the government, that they want the border secured. He then goes on to say what good people Americans are and that we then want the illegal immigrants in our country taken care of in a humane way and then segways into his story about not deporting a soldier's mother while he is fighting in Iraq.

Everytime I hear him twisting the truth I want to reach right into the TV and shake him and tell him "Read my lips" We want our borders secured first then make all the illegals get in the back of the line, which starts in their country.

McCain has responded: "I am not going to call up a soldier and tell him I am deporting his mother. ... I'm not going to do it. You can do it."
    I wonder if McCain is willing to call the mother of someone who has been killed by and illegal immigrant and admit that his negligence caused it to happen? Someone should ask him.

He can never be trusted as long as he continues to claim it was not amnesty.Tell him that A fine is BS-american citizenship is not for sale.You are not going to the back of the line if you stay here.We need a break and stop even legal immigration until we assimilate and find jobs for people here (US CITIZENS) for about 10 years.Tell the world you need to solve your own population problems,practice birth control,etc.They always talk about 5 percent unemployment being good.Ido not think that 15 million people out of work is good or the other 40 million doing jobs that do not pay crap.THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE RETIRED PEOPLE AND CHILDREN WHO OFTEN depend on others for thier lively hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Well he will argue he is a war hero, but many argue that is a lie as well..
    Getting your ass shot down because you have a giant ego does not make you a war hero. He lost four other airplanes for the same reason. This pudknocker has cost American taxpayers $20 million just in crashed military jets!

To get a real feel for McCain's disdain for the American citizens and what an arrogant bustard this man is, listen to this audio interview below:

An in-depth interview in June 2007 conducted with WBT radio Charlotte, NC illustrates McCain’s lack of knowledge of the details in his own Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill. His arrogance and condescending attitude to those who disagreed with him on the amnesty issue can also be heard: http://jeffkatz.wbt.com/audio.cfm;jsess ... 1f5TR?ID=7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast