Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jorgenson Unveils Immigration Bill

January 29, 2010 in Idaho
    Jorgenson unveils immigration bill
    Betsy Z. Russell The Spokesman-Review

Sen. Mike Jorgenson, R-Hayden Lake, proposes sweeping legislation Friday targeting employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants; cities that offer “sanctuaryâ€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mike's bill is S1303. I will get the text as soon as possible. NumbersUSA is already all over this with their support.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tinybobidaho I'm getting a vibe here, are you in any way excited?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    tinybobidaho I'm getting a vibe here, are you in any way excited?
    I hope that vibe you're getting means this thing will pass. We have sure been waiting long enough. I'm almost afraid to get excited.

Get on down!

Glad to see this, IF-it actually happens.
    IF WE AMERICANS HAD THE POWER,WHAT A NATION WE COULD HAVE AGAIN! LIKE THE 40s,50s,60s.

I would think that the key language of "knowingly hire" would take the teeth out of enforcement against unscrupulous employers. Isn't this the same lame loophole that they have been using with the federal law? They can't be expected to determine if someone is using fraudulent documents?

Maybe I'm missing something but If the "key language" is "knowingly hire", then it sounds like more of the same old same old to me. They'll just say I didn't know and shouldn't be expected to enforce immigration laws from the workplace. Am i missing something?

The real meat---

I live in a neighborhood that was hit by some very bad hailstorms this past year. A number of homes are being re-roofed. Most of the workers speak Spanish. The folks who come to solicit business are, apparently, Americans, but when the trucks show up --guess who is on the trucks??

I discussed this with my next door neighbor who professed to being anti-illegal immigration. He spoke of the cost of that problem and how he had first hand seen the negative effects of same.

When it was his turn to replace his roof and paint his house you can bet your bippy that the crew was speaking in Spanish. When I addressed it with my neighbor--I got some feeble excuse. I do not talk to him anymore. His wallet speaks louder than his patriotism!!!

The problem is not just the employers. WE are the problem too. Anything to save a buck. When I added a room on my house, the contractor was instructed--no illegals--he was not totally successful, but most of the work was done by Americans. When the heating A/C was being replaced, I questioned the supervisor about his team and he told me that two were illegal. I told him did not like that. I did not see the two again.

So--who is to blame here??? I say all of us. Do something about it.

And do whatever you can about changing the profiling laws that restrict the police as well as us from acting like Americans.